• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Pikachu

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Natch(Pikachu) Vs. Rafi(Falco) 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W61TJXjbvXg

Natch(Pikachu) Vs. Camaman(Wolf) 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m24XJf6FIXI

I'm well aware I don't QAC much. I've QAC'd in the past, and it seemed okay. I'll use it now and then, but it's not really a staple part of my playstyle. Ignore any really stupid mistakes, I'm well aware of that already. I was sorta messing around on parts of the first match, but I just have limited replays to pick from. But meh. Go ahead and watch.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
you play a very defensive pika. try to through out some more attacks. get close, then use utilt or dtilt to set up for combos. you were trying to hard to get that grab in. let them fall into a grab, dont over extend yourself. also try to speed up your game a little. there was a little to much standing still. other then that you are doing ok.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
you play a very defensive pika. try to through out some more attacks. get close, then use utilt or dtilt to set up for combos. you were trying to hard to get that grab in. let them fall into a grab, dont over extend yourself. also try to speed up your game a little. there was a little to much standing still. other then that you are doing ok.
I usually do play faster, FYI. The whole grab thing was mainly to see how I can CG when Wolf has that Reflector, mostly. I was playing to learn more than I was playing to win. Anyways, it harder for me to play faster because Camaman knows me so well. I have to change up tactics more than I would like to.

Cows

Smash Apprentice
not bad you play a little like me but i play with more edge games. I am a defenseive pikachu and thats why i probably get ***** by every spacing marth out there lol. im gunna start to be more aggressive or try to. its just pikachu is easily out prioritized.....any pointers?

PaintedGhost

Smash Journeyman
i disagree
Peach's nair says hi. I believe it out prioritizes every sinlge one of your aerials, plus your neutral B (I can't recall it's name).

Your pikachu is okay. You should've showed us your best video of you playing to win, not learn. I can't make any critisizm until i actually see youu playing to the best of your ability (or "speed")

Zylar

Smash Ace
First vid:
Pros:
You landed many smashes, meaning you knew when to use them well.
Other than tjolt your accuracy was great, you landed blows with good consistency.
Good defensive game.

Cons:
Far to many wasted tjolts. That double tjolt thing may have worked against some other character or person, but it wasn't working then. You became predictable when you used it.
You let your oppenent back on stage too easily. But when you tried to attack him offstage you died. (I personally don't like that stage that much.)

2nd Vid:
Pros:
You're great at spot dodging and the like.
You get many shield grabs.

Cons:
Once again you died needlessly once offstage.
You're grabbing game and offstage game was predictable. Although you did get many grabs you had many missed attempts. Offstage, although you didn't die, you got damaged.

Work on your offstage game. But, meh, that's just me. I'm no authority in pika or anything. Take it as you want.

Top Bottom