• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rate my pika please

N64

Smash Champion
Solid.

I didn't really see many bad habits. Try to mix up your recovery options from the ledge, you seemed to almost always fair from it. It's nice if you hit with it, as it can lead to a grab, dsmash, or usmash, but it has mediocre priority is easily shieldgrabable or spaceable by the opponent. Also, don't rely on his shield quite as much, it's not especially good. Pika has a good dash, so a few of the times that you shielded something you could have easily dashdanced away and then back for a jc grab/usmash before they recovered from the lag of their attack.

Against links, you can also often mess up their hookshot recovery with jolts. You can snipe them with it right when they hookshot, or on stages with flat sides you can let the jolt follow the stage and hit them while they're hanging from the side. Then, edgehog, space an fsmash right at the edge, or chase him out with a nair/dair.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yea i deff agree that was a solid pica you have going there... at some points i think it could have been a little quicker, mainly to keep me awake since i'm quite tired and needed some excitement.. however a solid player is a solid player no matte how much flash you have :)

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
I think it was really good. Obviously. My only note is that sometimes it seemed like you were too set on the thunder jolt approach, and got punished for it. The thunder jolt is great but at the same time, if you go for it all the way and follow right behind it, its easily shield grabbable. But that's just a small note, overall it was great.

Top Bottom