• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my pika :P

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
Hey Hi All, Ive been using pikachu quite a bit recently and I was wondering if the likes of N64 or Axe could give me good advice on my gameplay with pikachu or just give me a plain opinion. I do take note that most of the time in the video I do technical error like dashattack instead of up smash and things normally pikachu arent supossed to do but well I Dont get the chance to play very much(recorded match even more difficult to do)

So yeah hope you like my pikachu Axe because I play that yellow thingy because of you :p

So I have 3 video with I guess 6 or 7 matches total that were recorded in a friendly tournament I know that in some matches my opponment isnt the best of the best but **** at least he can play and give you some pika footage :p

Also Its recorded from a cam(pretty good quality) with the ambiant sound and you can actually see some translation at the bottom from quoted stuff lol.

Vs Falcon/ganon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZs9evMsXEo&playnext=1&videos=gE_RfmIRGbE&feature=mfu_in_order

Vs Fox http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s3ab6XDiOA&playnext=1&videos=hFuL_aJmPy0&feature=mfu_in_order

Vs Falcon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDxRo0axGbg&playnext=1&videos=nZnhLNtzcpA&feature=mfu_in_order

AXE 09

Smash Master
I've only watched the first vid so far (against Falcon/Ganon) and I must say, you're not bad at all lol. I can tell you're a pretty good player by the way you can move with him. I was laughing a lot watching that video. You guys sound like you were having a ton of fun and I was enjoying myself too :)

First, I want to say to make sure to practice your up-b sweet spots. I don't think I saw you try to sweetspot the ledge at all (whether from onstage or offstage), so make sure to practice that. It can help you a lot, especially for recovering. You can sweetspot from practically anywhere.

I noticed that you like to juggle your opponent a lot with Uair. That's good, but you need to know when to end your juggles with a strong attack (Dair, Nair, Bair). I saw quite a few times when you'd juggle him with like 3 Uairs... and that's it. On stage, Uair is basically your tool to get your opponent in a position to get hit with a stronger attack. Keep in mind that they only do like 3% each on average. Also if you hit Falcon with a Uair on the floor, you can FastFall, land, then Usmash/grab at low-mid percents. I saw an opportunity at 0:08, but you decided to do another Uair instead which didn't seem to be a very good option. Uair is a good move, but it's not very good for building up damage alone.

I see you already know to Uthrow -> Usmash Ganon at low percents. Very good =)

At high percents, if you Fthrow mid-light characters and they DI towards you, you can combo that into a SH Dair (from about 90% - 130%) or fulljump Dair (from about 130% and higher). I saw a good opportunity to do that at 13:23 in your vid. Here's what it looks like.

I'll try to watch the other 2 vids when I get a chance, but i g2g for now.

Overall, I like your pikachu :)

Keep it up

Sim

Smash Apprentice
Can't wait to see you play pikachu better melaf. ;)

You quite surprised us with your comeback!

Top Bottom