• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rate my metaknight

LikeTheWhirlwind

Smash Rookie
I think your defensive game needs work before anything else. I don't think I saw a single roll, spot-dodge, or shield grab that entire match. Especially when facing someone whos moves have a lot of end-lag, like Ike, you really need to perfect shield or spot-dodge his attacks and then punish big time.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Spacing is absolutely key to doing well with Meta Knight. That's something you need to work on.

SAID!

Smash Rookie
A lot of being good at Smash is knowing other characters move spacing as well as your own and to be brutally honest it doesn't really look like you know either too well =/. Also I agree about the defensive game comment. Brawl rewards the defensive player so being good at mind games with spot dodges rolls etc can easily win the match with any character. Also spacing is definitely key with all characters not just MK. For the most part MKs spacing isn't too difficult to learn but knowing it like the back of your hand does wonders for your game.

pridy

:]
as bad as it gets as said before you made no effort blocking/ dodging attacks needs horrendously lots of work

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
As said, you also rush in way too much and kick punished for that. If you went in and perfect shielded his smashes or something it wouldn't be as bad.

On a side note, that ike was good with his jab cancels.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
~Don't forget that you have nado. Sure, drill rush has its purposes, but MT is much more effective in most situations due to its flexibility (to an extent, you choose its duration, and it doesn't have nearly as much as of a set path). Learn how you should use it, when you should use it, all of that jazz. This is the spammable move of MK (though spamming it is a bad idea).

~You seemed really nair-happy. A better approaching move would be a fair, a dtilt, or an ftilt. These moves have much better frontal range than the nair ever will. The fair and tilts also promote much better spacing than the nair does.

~Um...you didnt use a spot-dodge, a powershield, or even a roll in that match. You need to start using these basic dodging techniques to be effective at, well, any character in Brawl.

~Watch videos of other pro MK players to get more of a feel for how MK should be played. I even posted a MK vs Ike match link here, where MK defeats Ike. Hopefully this will help.

M2K (MK) vs. Azen (Ike) 5-25-08

It's a bit dated, but it should still do the job. There are plenty more videos around YouTube and the SmashBoards that you can watch. In fact, you should watch more vids =p you won't always be fighting Ike.

*Overall, it seemed like you aren't that experienced at playing MK =\ As mentioned above by several people, after you get the basics down, the main thing that separates a scrubby MK from a good one is proper spacing.

Top Bottom