• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My King

T3h Albino

Smash Master
You 2 both roll wayyyy too much
uhmm punish the dolphin slash with dash attacks or a grab.
Learn the Chain Grab kuz you were kind of doing it wrong. I didn't bother with the cp video sorry ;B

Zip.

Smash Lord
alot moar b air(aerials in general) learn to cg better, use up tilt and never use up smash(just adding a little to what albino said, also i didnt watch the 2nd vid either.sorry :( )

Gates

Banned via Warnings
About the first video.

0:00 - Why yes, Pictochat IS janky. There's no real reason for Dedede to pick it either except for the awesome Wii Shop Channel music (which you didn't even have so it was totally pointless). Was this Marth's CP?

1:16 - Dash attack does not kill at 19%, so using it instead of a grab was pointless. I also agree with SimaMatt that you generally dash attack too much.

1:38 - Instead of rolling behing him and grabbing, use a pivot grab instead. Also, I agree with Albino, you and your friend roll too much.

1:41 and 3:39 - Good job punishing the upB :colorful: Most Marths aren't that careless though.

You could definitely use Inhale more, it's a good move. Also, don't be afraid to get in the air and bair him to punish his aerials.

nash123

Smash Journeyman
Stop rolling so much, you used it many times when you could punish with ftilt/grab instead.

Stop all the dash grabbing stuff, it's never a good option unless you know your gonna grab the opponent for sure or during a cg. Shieldgrabbing is much safer to use than dash grab, work on that.

You used some smashes randomly, I think I saw 2 fsmashes that were in there for no reason, ftilt is a better choice as it spaces better and even if they block it, it isn't really punishable unless powershielded. Now fsmash on the other hand..

Upsmash really doesn't have any uses as there is usually a better option, I can't think of a situation where utilt/upair aren't better at doing what it does. So don't use it.

Less dash attack, it's a killing move, not a damage racker.

Use a lot more bair, it spaces tooo good.

If you are facing an opponent like your friend here that rolls a lot, you should be able to start predicting when he is going to roll and grab him or something else.

Thats all I got, hope I helped.

Bwa

Smash Cadet
You're friend should space better. For you, inhale, Bair, and waddle more. Learn to cg, because Marth is easily gimpable (WoP with Bair <3 ). Use tilts. I've seen the first vid, not the 2nd

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
You're friend should space better. For you, inhale, Bair, and waddle more. Learn to cg, because Marth is easily gimpable (WoP with Bair <3 ). Use tilts. I've seen the first vid, not the 2nd
Marth is not THAT easy to gimp. You've gotta play a good Marth to know what I'm talking about.

Bwa

Smash Cadet
"Wait, is it really possible to CG marth with DDD? "

Look at the video thread, and search matches against marth, you'll see :)

chcgdfz

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the good advice guys, a lot of it makes sense :)
And yeah, Marth can be chaingrabbed, but I've been punished way too much with a Dolphin Slash, so I usually try other methods against this Marth.

Top Bottom