• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Hail Team :)

Wii Lee

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, this is my team :

Abomasnow (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP/76 Spd/84 SAtk/96 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Leech Seed
- Protect

The obvious leader. His nature allows him to put the hail on instead of the sandstorm of a tyranitar. Beside of that, there's nothing particular in his set.

---
Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP/148 Def/112 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Substitute
- Toxic

My favourite metal pokémon killer. There's no metallics that can resist for more than 2 flamethrower from him. Toxic stall works great.
---

Weavile (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Brick Break
- Ice Shard
- Night Slash

A great sweeper, especially against psychic types. Pursuit is just awesome. Night Slash is here to deal much more damage than pursuit when I know that they will not switch. Brick Break owns Tyranitar, Ice Shard owns Salamence and the others OU dragons like garchomp.

---
Walrein (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 220 HP/240 Def/48 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Protect
- Substitute
- Roar

Nothing particular, the mighty Stallrein :)

---
Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 136 HP/156 Def/216 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt

Another sweeper, and a rapid spinner. He's one of my key pokémon because Stealth Rock completely owns Moltres, and because he can hit pretty hard most of the fighting pokémon.
Thunderbolt for Gyarados and bulky waters. I can force the switch with him on fire pokémon because people fear the Surf :p

---
Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/216 Def/52 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Surf

Nothing particular, staller/sweeper. He can puts on Stealth Rock pretty easily.
---

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
Consider Froslass. She benefits from hail and can protect your SR.

Surf on starmie is stronger, has more PP, and is slightly more useful than Psychic. But if you really need to kill fighters, keep it.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Stallrein isn't stalling long when it only has 8 PP on Blizzard. Weavile is actually really weak since none of his attacks reach over 120 BP after STAB. Don't use Speed on a -Spe nature Abomasnow. I'd say this is a pretty bad team. I see very little synergies and type coverage/resistances are shallow. This team is pretty bad... and I don't usually say blunt things like that.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I disagree Orly. Outside of Weavile and the odd nature on Obamasnow, I don't see anything particularly wrong with this team. Weavile however does strike me as a poor choice for a sweeper, he seems to have only been chosen because of his resistance to Hail. Mamoswine might make a better choice. Or perhaps even better, Toxic Spikes Tentacruel. Your team is rather stallish, so they would be more than a little useful. Something along the lines of:

Tentacruel@Black Sludge
Calm/Liquid Ooze
252Hp/120Def/138SpDef
-Surf
-Toxic Spikes
-Knock Off
-Rapid Spin/Blizzard

Rather standard, but it would support your team well. Knock Off would allow you to rack up Hail/Toxic damage even faster as it removes any healing from leftovers. Having two rapid spinners wouldn't hurt either as one will inevitably draw out Rotom-A(now on every team ever) so having a back up might help.

c3gill

Smash Ace
biggest issue is you claim its a hail team- you only have 1 pokemon that induces hail. As soon as Aboma is killed (fire is one of the most common move types, and Obama is 4x weak :() you have no way of inducing hail- A Ttar or hippo is gonna love screwing your Stallrein out of its hail. Throw the move Hail in there somewhere, and a froslass would look great on this team.

Also, as mentioned, giving Abomasnow a -speed nature but Speed EVs doesnt really make sense.

Wii Lee

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the above post.

Thanks for your messages.
I'll do some changes in my team then :)

c3gill, I think to put hail on a pokemon will use a precious slot of one of their moveset, and Abosmasnow stay generally alive for a long time because i rarely switch to him. The only time I had problem with sandstorm was because my opponent had tyra+hippo on the same team. The rest of the time, I can kill both of them pretty easily (Ttar with weavile/swampert, hippo with all the Blizzard around, especially abo's one because he screws the sandstorm at the same time).

For stallrein, I never had problem with the PP of Blizzard, because 120BP+Stab hit very hard, even with neutral damages. Most of the sweepers can't handle that for a long time.

What do you think of this ?

Abomasnow (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP/76 Def/84 SAtk/96 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Leech Seed
- Protect
---
Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
---
Froslass (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Blizzard
---
Walrein (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 220 HP/240 Def/48 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Protect
- Roar
- Surf
---
Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Blizzard
---
Mamoswine (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 176 HP/116 Atk/196 Spd/20 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Roar
---

Should I play an offensive or defensive mamoswine ? Do you think I should keep starmie instead of froslass ?

Top Bottom