• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my gen V Prevo Stoned Porygon2/Dusclops team

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Alright, I made this team to test out the Prevo Stone. I heard that Dusclops and Porygon2 were the best effected by the Prevo Stone so yeah...

Torunerosu (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Slime Wave
- Grass Knot

Torunerosu is a pretty **** good lead. With it's high speed, I can U-Turn the hell out of there if I need to get out. Hurricane is for STAB and Slime Wave and Psychic are for move coverage.

Porygon2 @ Evolution Stone
Trait: Analyze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Discharge

Porygon2 is so **** bulky it's wow. It can get 4HKO'd by most pokemon and that gives me A LOT of room to do many things. Toxic, any of his damaging moves, Recover, repeat again until the pokemon faints or Porygon ends up meeting his match and dies. And it's especially great because Analyze makes the move double in power if Porygon goes last, which most of the time he will because of his slow speed.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Magic Guard / Timid
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 Def
Psycho Shock
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

I hear Alakazam has a pretty good SpA coupled with a 252 SpA and Choice Specs which gives it a whopping 405 SpA to KO many things. Now, as a switch in, it's pretty bad at doing it because of it's bad defenses, but it makes for a great revenger with his superior speed and power.

(Doryuuzu) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Throw
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Moleman is meant to be the Rapid Spinner of my team. If a Skarmory or a Tenta come in, he can just Rapid Spin all the rocks or spikes away. SD is for in the event I get lucky and the person switches when I end up predicting right. Earthquake is for STAB (****ing Balloon users :mad:) and Rock Slide are for flying types that I switch into to cover Jaroda

Jaroda (Jarooda) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Perversity
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SAtk / 232 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Jaroda is to cover Moleman with his grass type attacks. The rest of the set if you don't know what it does I don't know what I can do for you (hint hint Perversity and Leaf Storm)

Dusclops (M) @ Evolution Stone
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Earthquake
- Night Shade

So Dusclops is the other focus of my team. With Will-O-Wisp and Pain Split, I can stall long enough so that I can at least snag one kill. Seismic Toss and Shadow Punch are for damage. This set and Porygon's set is great for Blisseys where I can simply just stall the hell outta them (but Porygon's set is more built to stall Blisseys with Toxic)

Alright so the major thing that wrecks this team after using it is Blaziken (and I guess Infernape as well by default since they work in similar ways I've noticed). Blaziken destroys Jaroda, ***** Dusclops, obliterates Moleman, will end up killing Porygon2 eventually, and destroy Alakazam with his frail defenses and all. The only thing that has a chance at Blaziken is genie guy and he usually dies at the beginning of battle, with his high power and all.

Also, I've just noticed another annoyance for my team and it's Nattorrie (I believe it's spelt like that). Due to my lack of a proper fire type move, my team get's walled HARD by it. I tried out HP Fire Jaroda instead of HP Ice and Ground and it still gets walled by it so I really don't know what to do about him either Ehhh nevermind, ever since I gave Alakazam Focus Blast, that seems to do the job

I also noticed I may need a fire type, but I really don't know what to replace for a fire type with.

Please help rate my team, I worked hard on it, and it's the best I've built on my own so far imo.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
why not use magic guard LO alakazam?
you lose some power but you get the option to switch attacks with no cost of damage, it will probably help more than specs would

also, use psycho cut on alakazam, it's friggen awesome

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Give Alakazam Psycho Break.

Give Dusclops Earthquake / Night Shade instead of Shadow Punch / Seismic Toss.

Give Jaroda HP Ice or Fire, you're completely walled by Grass-types.

Give Porygon2 Discharge instead of Thunderbolt, unless there's a specific threat that you need the latter's power against. Against which you need the latter's power.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i think it's psycho shock actually

i think something like:

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Magic Guard / Timid
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 Def
Psycho Shock
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

something like that, you get your STAB along with perfect coverage, and if you switch into a Will-o-Wisp or onto Toxic Spikes, you have a great revenge killer and a status absorber

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ok I updated the team thanks!

Anything else that I should change?

EDIT:

****, that LO Alakazam is amazing. I wasn't aware that Magic Guard also blocked LO damage

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
What does Slime Wave OR Psychic hit for coverage with Torunerosu?

Also he's frail. Sash him.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well ulti, well. I had nothing better to slap on him and it's better to have 4 different typed moves rather than all of the same flying typed right?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
How about Mischievous Heart Taunt and Grass Knot/Focus Blast for the last slot?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, but in actuality how many pokemon do you even see setting up spikes or rocks this gen?

Besides, that's why I got Moleman on Rapid Spin for

mood4food77

Smash Hero
spikes and rocks are not good in the lead spot anymore, it's better on your team support pokemon (like using nattorei against a grass pokemon) unless you use a mischievous heart poke

magic mirror balanced out the prevalence of SR and spikes

but one thing this gen lacks is rapid spinning, there are so many ghosts that it's pretty much impossible to spin

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Tbh, when I've battled, I really haven't found a problem with neither entry hazards, nor the fact that a large amounts of ghosts are now present that could mess up my Rapid Spin so I really don't care much about adding more support against the team's other entry hazards

EDIT:

Also, adding a threat that I JUST noticed that annoys my team

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Taunt isn't just for rocks, its to stop any set-up lead in general. It also gets rid of those annoying Erufuun leads. It's a way to help beat leads, sometimes your best option is to Taunt and U-Turn out to Stop set-up and break sashes.

Also Magic Mirror is terrible because Espeon is a waste of a Team slot without that. Honestly I haven't seen too much use of it (then again I normally get to the 1250+ zone where people don't suck as much). Taunt is by no means a bad thing to carry, and is one of the reasons why I used it so much as a lead.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
You could try using a lead Deoxys-S. It's pretty obvious which Pokemon is gonna Taunt you and which have Mischievous Heart. I saw one the other day that seemed pretty useful.

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash
Modest / Pressure
4 HP / 252 Sp. Att / 252 Speed
Spikes/Taunt
Stealth Rock
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

It already outspeeds a lot of stuff, so you just have to beware of Mischievous Heart users. Most of them are weak to Ice Beam. Thunderbolt is just there for coverage. Alternatively, you could use Mild and run Fire Punch over Thunderbolt to deal with Nattorei. You still hit Erufuun either way. For the genie's, if they decide to Taunt you, you can kill them and render them useless.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I don't like toxic with so many good steels running around. :(

Pre-Evolution Stone Porygon2 is so baller. <3

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You could try using a lead Deoxys-S. It's pretty obvious which Pokemon is gonna Taunt you and which have Mischievous Heart. I saw one the other day that seemed pretty useful.

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash
Modest / Pressure
4 HP / 252 Sp. Att / 252 Speed
Spikes/Taunt
Stealth Rock
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

It already outspeeds a lot of stuff, so you just have to beware of Mischievous Heart users. Most of them are weak to Ice Beam. Thunderbolt is just there for coverage. Alternatively, you could use Mild and run Fire Punch over Thunderbolt to deal with Nattorei. You still hit Erufuun either way. For the genie's, if they decide to Taunt you, you can kill them and render them useless.
Ehhh no offense, but I really don't want to use a pokemon that'll end up being ubers and... yeah. I'd prefer not to change my team back when that happens

Though what do I do about Blaziken? It still outspeeds my Alakazam and my team is very frail to it

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Only answer to that is priority and phazing. Really though, Blaziken is quite frail. Porygon2 shouldn't be able to be beaten unless it uses a Swords Dance, and then it can hit it back with Discharge, Toxic, or Thunder Wave (depending on your set).

Deoxys-S is in no way ending up Uber, not with all of the Mischievous Heart users. Besides, it loses to Lead Sableye (lol) badly.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Deo-D is the only Deo of discussion that people know will drop out of Ubers. If Deo-D goes to Ubers, then so does Porygon 2, just to compare.

Deo-S is better than that:

Deo-S is still the fastest Spikes and SR user in the game, has a tiny bit of bulk, and has some offensive and Defensive options it can use with its speed. Don't be so hasty as to say it'll fall to OU because about Four Pokemon can nullify its lead role.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Thing is, by the time Blaziken comes out, my Porygon has already gone through at least one battle, which means I've obviously lost HP. Then he just Hi Jump Kicks me and I get KO'd :glare:

Wow, I thought he'd end up getting Ubers this time due to his suspect testing or somethign on the PO servers

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
An actual suspect-tested Uber tier won't exist for months.

Top Bottom