• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Ganondorf

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Great moonwalk edgehog at 1:00. You have a very impressive ganon, but you started using your grounded wizard foot a bit recklessly at the end, which I'm guessing you didn't mind because you had 2 extra stocks.

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
Great moonwalk edgehog at 1:00. You have a very impressive ganon, but you started using your grounded wizard foot a bit recklessly at the end, which I'm guessing you didn't mind because you had 2 extra stocks.
thanks =]

yea..i was ahead..so i was just tryin to catch him offgaurd with the repetitiveness..trying to set up for the final ko

Mosarani

Smash Cadet
I like how you rising up-air from the ledge, alot of the best gannons don't do that, and instead they just hit jump and are far more punished. I never understood that..

Anyways, neutral airs are a safe spam against a quicker, more agressive sheik, but you certainly didn't have any trouble with that one.

A tip on chain grabbing: Sheik goes pretty high in the air at low damage and takes awhile to get down, so she's one of the easiest for gannon to chain. You can't di away out of gannon's down throw because it barely moves your character forward at all. Di'ing towards gannon, on the other hand, sends you much farther. To make sure you can continue to chain try this. After the down throw start immediately to run the opposite direction. If she di's backwards you can just grab her immediately, but if she di's up or forward you can turn around in a dash dance and grab her. It's bascially the same technique a good marth uses to chain fox after he's past 20 damage.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
A tip on chain grabbing: Sheik goes pretty high in the air at low damage and takes awhile to get down, so she's one of the easiest for gannon to chain. You can't di away out of gannon's down throw because it barely moves your character forward at all. Di'ing towards gannon, on the other hand, sends you much farther. To make sure you can continue to chain try this. After the down throw start immediately to run the opposite direction. If she di's backwards you can just grab her immediately, but if she di's up or forward you can turn around in a dash dance and grab her. It's bascially the same technique a good marth uses to chain fox after he's past 20 damage.
quite possibly one the most helpful pieces of information I've seen on smashboards ever.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
pretty sure it's sarcasm cause DIing back on ganon's dthrow puts them pretty far back

i know that for a fact, but it's still possible to CG most characters from it (fox and falco...i think it's impossible)

AtomICON

Smash Apprentice
pretty nicre ganon. I did notice a few things I would have done differently, like at :50 a back air would have gotten you the kill, and if you're having trouble edgeguarding sheik, just edgehog while she returns to the edge and she'll have to go to the stage and you can get a free hit/grab. Maybe you know that already, I just didn't see you do it. And one last thing, stomp to grab works well against sheik at low percent. I saw you do stomp>jab a few times when you could have grabbed.

Over all, very good ganon, I get ***** by sheiks but you handled that one pretty well.

Keep up the ganon'ing.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
pretty sure it's sarcasm cause DIing back on ganon's dthrow puts them pretty far back

i know that for a fact, but it's still possible to CG most characters from it (fox and falco...i think it's impossible)
It obviously wasn't sarcasm, because that was good advice given, and he did say that it send them farther back. I use that technique quite often.

Top Bottom