• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Ganon UPDATED new vids vsing my friend's Marth

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccsTSE-FGq8

Watch, and please give some CONSTRUCTIVE critism (or complements) on how to improve our game.

I'm the Ganon, BTW

PLEASE put your sound on mute while watching, unless you want to hear a VERY ANNOYING beep that wasnt there before I uploaded the video, and if anyone knows what might of happened, if they could tell me.

Thanks

EDIT:

OK! I have the vids right here, once again, constructive critism, we would both like to know how we should improve :)

Ganon (Blackshadow69) vs Marth (Squeater) Round 1

Ganon (Blackshadow) vs Marth (Squeater) Round 2

Link (Blackshadow69) vs Marth (Squeater) Round 1

*NOTE* The first Link round I slipped my finger twice, in which both times I accidently did Link's UpB in the air, I dont try to attack with it so dont worry. You can even hear me swear :)

Link (Blackshadow69) vs Marth (Squeater) Round 2

Please critique both of us :)

Eaode

Smash Champion
from what I'm seeing, you guys need a little work. Damo needs to approach with something other than the dash attack and Fsmash. Probably Dair to shine, or SHFFled Nairs.

I see that yu like Ganon's Down B spike. But make sure not to use it often, only if your feeling flashy and are certain it will hit. Fox got a free shine spike from that.

I also noticed that you guys roll alot.

Overall, you seem a better player than Your opponent, even though you lost

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Yes, first of all, both of you guys roll too much

Second of all, why in the world did the fox use so many up-b's? It is a very punishable move... yet you did not punish him.

In addition, you really need to work on your edgeguarding. Too many times the fox recovered too easily. Down + b spike is not the most effective edgeguard. You would do better going for uair spikes, bair, and possibly dair meteors.

Also, you put in a position where you knocked off the stage for an easy shine spike.

Ganon's fair is a good aerial, but it seems that you use it way too much. Where were the bairs and uairs? Those are godly aerials, yet i did not see any usage for them.
One more thing to point out... you can think about practicing l-cancelling... i'm sure you were not l-cancelling on some of the critical moments, and you got hit because of it.

Also it's important to have good DIing. Otherwise ganon gets comboed to hell (he still does with DI, just not as bad, though).

I would suggest both of you to practice your technical skills for more speed/effective air games. Both of you played very basically... roll... dash attack. roll. dash attack. roll. dash attack. roll fair. roll dash attack. roll fair. You guys rely too much on the same approaches while ignoring many good options in your arsenal. On a similar note, this only happens because you guys don't predict each other and punish each other for being predictable.

As for critiquing the fox..

The fox has a long way to go, i believe, in terms of technical skill. He is only playing a tip of fox's potential. Fox can combo the hell out of ganon, but not when the fox just uses dash attack, u-smash, nair, and uair.

Also, he lets himself get hit by ganon's up-b way too much. He should learn some edgeguarding, as well. Again, he should not use up-b as a move, because it's too predictable and punishable.

iankobe

Smash Lord
Both of you has the potential, but you guys need a lot of work.

1) SHFFLC. Apperarently i dont see the fox LCing, but I see the Ganon LCing occasionally. Remember, SHFFLC is the most important tactic in the game. Work on that more.

2) STOP using DownB too often. I know you want to spike him with it, but sometimes if you are sure that your oppoent is dead, the smarter thing to do is just wait rather going up and try to spike them . Sometimes you might screw up and kill yourself.

3) Uair Use Uair more often as an edgeguard. Its an awesome move for edgeguarding and it has a big hitbox. Try it.

4) Roll less, WD more. This only applies to the fox...

Hope that helped.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
u need alot of work.
1st of all when fox uses his up b that gives u plenty of time to jump up and stumb him, uair, dair, or a fair
u should also learn about chaingrabbing, i noticed u had plenty of chances to do this, but u still didn't.
u should also learn about shield grabbing it helps alot, especially if the fox uses up b to try and hit his opponent.
n like everybody else said stop using down b so often and stomp more its way more effective

allbeastveteran

Smash Rookie
i saw many times were u went for a fair but werent quick enough try wave dashing backwards and use a bair they are quicker and still pretty powerful

some random freak

Smash Journeyman
you wasted several oppertunities to hit him
in the air while using b^

you used the same attacks without a variation

chain grabbing? as falco for life said you need to learn this

practice makes perfect

Serpreme

Smash Apprentice
chain grabbing does work very well against the space animals. Wavedashing is good,i dont do it to much myself, and vulture kick for the win.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
That video is WAAAAY old now, I have found 3 more people to play against (sorry, none play Bowser) and I have improved immensly. The moment I have access to a video camera I will post a vid of myself playing my friend's Marth, because he is the most skilled out of my three friends and my brother.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
I didn't say u s*ck, all i just said was play a good bowser to test your skills cuz i've seen good ppl lose to djnintendo's boza and im like.....wow.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
*notices lots of talk of bowser*

if this vid is truly as old as you were saying by the way you should put up a new vid if theres lots of improvement

and no, you probably wont meet a "good bowser" at the tourney, "good bowser"s are very, very, VERY rare.

Tian

Smash Apprentice
7/10.

STOP ROLLING!!! You make me dizzy. Attack him for once and please stop rolling. Trust me, attack a little more.
Also, cut a bit of the B-down. you almost killed yourself with it.

Also, why do you use A when your opponent is like 4 foot away from you?

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
It really took you all of your lunch break?

Yeah I have cut down on the downB quite a bit, added a couple more aerials beside Fair and rolling isnt quite so common any more. I will get a video going soon, maybe in the next couple of weeks if possible.

Tian

Smash Apprentice
Lol, no i'm kidding.

I edited it out.

Good, Message me the link for a new video when it's done, i wanna see.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Lol I wil update the entire thread and post the link here too when i get the vid done. I'll do a couple with some of my other characters too, if you all want to see them too.

Oh yeah and thanks DynamicDuo, I will need all the luck I can get :)

EDIT: YES! 100th POST! Here's to another 100! :D

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
my smash name is and has always been B-Up

oddly enough it really has nothing to do with bowser, and nothing to do with the fortress either haha

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Ah lucky for me! Got a camera today, cost lotsa money. We will record a couple of matches the next time I can visit my friend, should be either this weekend or next weekend. Do you want to see any other character matches, or just Ganon? I play Link as an alternative.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Sorry about the double post, but we have recorded the videos! 2 Link vs Marth ones and 2 Ganon vs Marth ones. I will post them both soon, as soon as we finish encoding them.

EDIT: What the? Someone down repped me because of my old video, I dont get it. I was asking for constructive critisicm, not saying I was the uber 1337 Ganon pwn all destroyer. Maybe someone forgot to put on their common sense shoes today?

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Wait a second...Toecutter, did you down rep me? It seems so, because I recieved the down rep at 4:18PM, and you posted at 4:22PM. Also I was the one who ended your topic from before, so did you down rep me because you wanted some sort of pseudo revenge?

Sorry if I'm wrong, it just looks suspicoius, is all.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
You didn't end my topic. You posted last. That =/= ending it.

Obviously, a Mod ended it. Obviously.

Kragen

Smash Ace
All right, comments on the first vid Ganon vs Marth:
- Your DD and WD were fantastic, beautiful. Try to, when you're advancing to your foe, run-WD-walk-WD. It's faster than just WDíng.

- You fsmashed too much, try to avoid that. Last tourney I went the only time I did fmash by mistake ;)

- When you dthrowed, you always went for the Uair. Try to mix this up with Dair, especially if you want your foe to get off stage.

- Sweetspot, always! Only at certain circumstances, like when your foe is edgehogging, but it seems your friend doesn't really about edgehogging. Another regular tip, if you can't do it already: edgetech. It's really easy with Ganon.

- Down B should be used like Marth's Counter, sparingly, only when you're 100% sure that you'll hit. >B shouldn't be used that often either.

Will edit/post later about the 2nd match.

Squeater

Smash Rookie
Though this is a Ganon thread, if you have any improvements for me, marth (which I know there are many... : ) please post them. Thanks

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
You used U+air on your opponent(while he was on the ground) too much. Save the U+air for the air. The hit box is stronger in the front, and while they're on the ground, you wanna hit them into the air, where Ganondorf works his magic. Hitting them with the back of the U+air on the ground won't do much except do some light damage. Not enough knockback from that to really use that on someone who's "grounded".

Sweetspot. Almost all of your deaths were due to you coming above the horizon of the stage. Go to 2:20 of you Ganon vs Marth round 1. See what you did? Do that. More. At least, grab the edge so they don't hit you. Learn how to come up to just meet the horizon of the stage, but never go over it. It's death for Ganon. I'm not perfect on my sweet spots either, but I'm more consistent with coming from under the horizon.

Good luck.

NG7

Smash Lord
Marth you need to stop dash attacking.

Things to get started on would include shffled fair and nair approaches, some dashdancing of your own, aggressive grabbing, learning how to use tilts, stop using fulljump dair so much. Just jump into training mode and work out a few basic combos with Marth.

Also check out Marth videos and the Marth forums hehe

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
Ganon Player:

I know that Ganon has a very hard time sweetspotting but your best bet is to try to ledgetech because Marth's sword will destroy you.

also try to edgeguard marth with reverse Uair, it can kill him as low as 20%-30%.

Learn to ledgehop Uair and ledgedash. those will however not help you much agains Marth.
those two and many more useful techniquies are shown in Thomas Tipmans Combo/Instructional vid Triforce of power

Here is a URL to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDs-lPmIUec

As for you both you should try to sweetspot the ledge more cus if you dont you are more likely to get killed mainly because of the lag of both of you Up-b's and easier for your opponent to edgeguard you.

Marth player:

another thing you could do is to use the fair more and learn to do the SHDFair(shorthop double fair)that way you can do fair combos

Example:sh fair nontipper, fair tippered and repeat until he is off the stage, that is when you double jump and Dair to spike him. this is very hard to escape if performed correctly and he cannot to anything about it when you spike him in NTSC but he can meteor cancel in PAL.

Less Dsmashing.

More Nairing. that is a great move to approach with a Nair or Fair.

one more thing, you should grab more.

And the last thing for the marth player is: watch many many vids of Ken playing. trust me you will learn alot of things just by watching him play.

Top Bottom