• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Ganon Please

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Ganon dittos are a little tricky, especially for me. What I suggest is work on your shield grabbing, tech chasing and definitely edge-guarding. I noticed you tried to b-air him, but he was already too low, next time try the reverse up-air whenever you see him approach upwards. You started off really strong the first round but starting to loose the pace. Try to keep him guessing next time. lol, Also tone down the wizard's foot; it's a good move, but can be easily punished.

Overall you have a fairly decent Ganon, but with a little work. I have no doubt you'll get beastly. :)

Adict

Smash Cadet
I'd only suggest 2 things:

Work a little more on your DI. i saw a decent amount of his attacks that you could have DI'd out of but didnt. More consistancy with it will get u combo'd less

And youe edgeguard work. trying changing it up from just reverse uair. always keep him on his toes so he has to think more about his recovery. ganon doesnt have a sweetspot on the ledge so that is something you could of capatilized more on but didnt.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
I noticed that you hardly used Bair...until the end of the match. You were really successful with those at the end.

I don't know where to go with that observation, but I'm sure you know how quick Bair is and that it has a good range too. Hell, if you want to talk about a broken hitbox, look at 0:40. NoobKing hit you with a Bair and he was facing you. It's more useful in speed than it is range.

And you should be able to SH a Bair and then double jump out of it. That's really handy. I think everyone expects a Ganon to shffl a bair, so if you double jump out of it instead, it's like a free hit against your opponent.
bairbairbairbair

Broken_HitBox

Smash Cadet
I noticed that you hardly used Bair...until the end of the match. You were really successful with those at the end.

I don't know where to go with that observation, but I'm sure you know how quick Bair is and that it has a good range too. Hell, if you want to talk about a broken hitbox, look at 0:40. NoobKing hit you with a Bair and he was facing you. It's more useful in speed than it is range.

And you should be able to SH a Bair and then double jump out of it. That's really handy. I think everyone expects a Ganon to shffl a bair, so if you double jump out of it instead, it's like a free hit against your opponent.
bairbairbairbair
I usually use tha quite a bit especially against marths also Double Uairs are nice too but i dunno why i didnt use them this match

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I figured it was a general "Rate My Ganon" thread *shrug* :laugh:
My turn lol!
haha, alright. It seemed you liked to get juggled. I don't know if he gimped your jumps or whatnot, but you can use your second jump to get you out of bad situations along with proper DI. You had some pretty nice baits, and your edgeguarding is good. :) You just gotta work on shielding a bit more. Oh and for the record against sheiks. You can't grab her while she in her dash A animation, nor while she's ducking, and you kind of roll and move around too much. With proper spacing you can murk sheiks with up-airs and retreating f-airs. Overall nice ganon, keep up the great job. Next time I want a vid of you 4 stocking that sheik. I know you can do it. lol :laugh:

Rykard

Smash Ace
i love how everyone on the ganon boards is so friendly and contructive. makes me smile haha.

so both of you guys have really good ganon's and are probably better than mine but i will try and do my best to help out

Broken: i liked your wavelanding a lot and would like to see more of it applied in new ways. you seem like a really smart player so i feel like you can improve really quickly by everyones advice. and yeah the wizard foot thing bugged me. i find its the most beneficial to use to tech chase since it lasts so long and its knockback doesnt really decrease throughout its duration. its a good surprise move though, just be a bit more cautious

looshkin: you had some awesome combos in those matches. it only bothered me when you tried to mix things up and ended up missing an easy hit. for example, you downaired and then downsmashed which worked great in one of the matches but in other one you had the same situation and chose something else and it didnt work so try and be a little more consistent with combos. also just practice your platform wavelanding cause it can speed ganon up a lot and get a few good hits in when your opponent doesnt expect it

Top Bottom