• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rate my g&w pls

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
You were certainly good enough to beat that Falco.

-You threw a few too many parachutes. While it's good that some hit, it became a little predictable
-Against Fox, Falco, CF, Shiek, etc. Use your utilt (flag). It's a great combo damage-racker.
-Learn how to implement wavedashing into your game. For G&W, it makes a world of difference
-Work on Lcancelling
-Don't roll so much

You're pretty good though.

xEnonlApse

Smash Rookie
i have been wondering on how to wd effectively during a match.. i need to break away from that roll.. any ideas?

iankobe

Smash Lord
Learn how to SHFFL, SHFFL, SHFFL, and SHFFL.

That's all you need bro.

p.s. Here's a lil combo with G&W: Fair>Dtilt. Try that. (you need to know how to SHFFL)

Palafrak the valiant

Smash Cadet
-Too much n-air (umbrella)
-Too few mindgames. You need to foresee what the opponent is doing, not just do stuff that works again and again. Against better players, you will have to adapt to playing styles. Try new styles with Game & Watch.
-After mindgames (or during), learn tech skill. Learn to wavedash, learn to time l-cancels, and by far, c-stick your aerials. If you c-stick your aerials, you can do it!

To summarize, less redundancy, more mindgames, more tech skill.

3 out of 10.

Zenith

Smash Ace
Tips from the G&W king
*wavedash like crazy
*as a mindgame you can shff constantly
*SHFFL fairs like crazy
*nair only when enemy is airborne
*learn G&W's massive combos
*stop rolling so much
*use airdodge for vertical recovery
*learn G&W's recovery

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Palafrak, I give you a -10/10 for calling the Parachute an umbrella. I hope you die.

-Wavedash. For the love of GOD wavedash.
-Dair, Dair, Dair
-Nair, Nair, Nair
-SHFFL the Nair Dair
-Don't Parachute so often. It's a great edge guard and combo ender, but don't use it as an approach technique unless the enemy is airborn.
-If I don't see more manhole I will explode.
-Try some shield grabbing

Overall, not bad. Just practice.

Eaode

Smash Champion
I noticed whenever you got the manhole for a good setup, you didn't follow up correctly. You should try up tilt after that, or start a chaingrab (G&W can cg fastfallers in all directions :D)

Aaron_Sketch

Smash Cadet
Pretty good, though I noticed you didn't tech too much... Oh well. Manholes were good, but insted of Fairing, you should have Naired. Instead of dodgerolling, try to wavedash. And finally, Fair instead of Nair unless the opponent is in the air with you. Otherwise, awesome job.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
well considering that was the wrost falco ive ever seen in my life, ill say ur GW is bad. you hit alot of Dtilts, with no folow up, grab or Fsmash after that. work on your short hops. and u didnt do a single down air that whole match.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
well considering that was the wrost falco ive ever seen in my life, ill say ur GW is bad. you hit alot of Dtilts, with no folow up, grab or Fsmash after that. work on your short hops. and u didnt do a single down air that whole match.
How about this falco? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnEMJWRNyPY :p :p

Most people have already said what you can do to improve the most. Do you have stuff vs. other opponents?

Top Bottom