• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my friend's Ike (he needs help)

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Hmmm, where to begin...

- Make him learn Ike's Battlewalk, jab jab-crouch cancel-jab jab-etc etc...
- Don't use f-smash against a shielded opponent.
- Always move around and stay unpredictable.
- Don't use Quickdraw so close to the edge (actually, rarely use it as a recovery-move).
- Don't use Quickdraw as an approach, only Quickdraw when they have to get up from the floor and to just get around the field quickly. NEVER use as a direct attack.
- Make him use more f-air spacing, let him abuse f-air's range (let him abuse Ike's range overall).
- Always recover from under the edge with Aether, doing it above the edge gets punished hard. Also make him learn the range of Aether, it's a pretty bad recovery in terms of range.
- If he plays like this with Ike, I wonder what he does with Marth, do you have video's of him?
- Also, I assume you were sandbagging him (meaning you didn't play at your best to give him at least SOME fun), but don't ever sandbag, just play your best, even if he's not good, it makes him learn faster and should drive him to get better.

Top Bottom