• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Falco

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Try turning your Dash Attacks into Gatling Combo's, Use a Gatling Combo after a CG for free 23% damage

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Good. Watched 3 fights.

The SDing will drop the more you play. I've maybe SD'd like 5 times in the last 75 3stock sets I've played. You can tell you've recently picked up Falco. That said, you are pretty good. I've seen your Kirby (and I don't think you main him at all), and he was really good.

Few things. Maybe it is a difference in playstyle but a few things I like to do.

Slap n' spin and then they DI out of it immediately reflector them. Obviously not always, but it is efficient and is typically hard to punish. Also it can trip which is nice.

Also, Nair is a great Falco move you don't seem to use much. Maybe try to incorp that into your fights some.

Been mentioned but use the Gatling combo (dash attack + up cstick immediately for anyone who doesn't know) when you can. I like to either CG to gatling to sex kick (Bair) or Nair.

Good use of lasers and IAPs.

EDIT: I'll watch more so my advice is more accurate.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
As for rating: it's pretty good. I know GDX hates that match up. You should get offline matches recorded. Online lag really screws with Falco.

As for criticism(there's no such thing as positive criticism): There were a lot of rolls. I'm really surprised GDX didn't punish at least some of them.

OverLade

Smash Hero
As for rating: it's pretty good. I know GDX hates that match up. You should get offline matches recorded. Online lag really screws with Falco.

As for criticism(there's no such thing as positive criticism): There were a lot of rolls. I'm really surprised GDX didn't punish at least some of them.
Thanks, I havent had the oppurtunity to play offline since I got the replay hack, but there'll be more vids soon.
You're right about rolls. I usually dont roll much at all (see my other chars) but for some reason its habit with falco (probably because hes mostly ground game). I'll work on minimizing it for cleaner options.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Glad you didn't take the criticism offensively. :)

I'm also re-realizing how amazing Falco's spot dodge is.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Glad you didn't take the criticism offensively. :)

I'm also re-realizing how amazing Falco's spot dodge is.
EDIT: WOW im corny as hell. Takin that down for dignity purposes.

And I'm gonna be realistic. If someone tells me something is wrong, and it is, then no johns XD.

CO18

Smash Hero
That first match is so frustrating to watch. XD

I don't think is a very exciting matchup to watch in general lol.

Top Bottom