• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rate my falco!!

wasabicheese

Smash Journeyman
decent falco. you need to camp with lasers more, and try to work in some Dsmashes. against the pika, dont be so aggresive. you jumped into his attacks many times. against most oponents you should play more defensively, unless you've got speed like Nyosuke or Bombsolider (which it seems like you dont). make sure to go for more off-stage spikes. all in all, your pretty good though.

J4pu

Smash Champion
I only watched the first but my thoughts are:
you control the beginning well, it seems pikachu is too nervous about getting caught in ur CG to be aggressive, but once it gets to the point where the CG isn't an issue you seem to be the one getting owned especially by the D-smash. When they spam D-smash like that I can only advise (with no personal experience) abort spot-dodging and grab attempts and probably rolling from within D-smash range as well... so basically let your shield absorb the dmg from the D-smash.
I also noticed your SHDL was quite bad (if you don't know how to do it right find the thread on the falco boards and learn) the second one should be able to hit pikachu while he's standing.

of course this was online play so all your problems, for all I know, could have been caused by the terrible lag problems.

just my thoughts from what I saw.

bowz

Smash Journeyman
You roll too much. You try to be flashy with the reverse boost grabs, which are unnecessary unless you want to go for a spike. You aren't doing SHDL's correctly. Ummm, thats about all I got on the bad side. Other than that, play some better people who don't spam down smash with pikachu and don't overuse fair with falco.
You have some good potential.
(I didn't study these videos, so my advice is pretty vague.)

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
you need to camp more often, and when the time comes, and pikachu rushes you, you need to be fast and have to be able to fight up close and get the pikachu out of there to continue your laser game.
my advice, practice your camping, and practice getting pikachu away from you to continue your camping game.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Need moar phantasm.
Lol that's your answer to everything RGB

You waste to much time using the gattling combo when your opponent has to much % to get the u smash to connect, when even a hyphen smash would be a better option.

PhantomBrawler

Smash Apprentice
the one thing i noticed that need improving(in ur video with the IC's) is that you need to practice ur spikes...falco's spike is much better on the rise than it is on the fall...its a different breed of spike than most characters.

~Switch

Smash Rookie
Unless you are doing the CG spike, run off the stage and SH a dair, that way it ends as you stop rising and it hits better that way, all in all your falco is pretty good, but you still have room for improvement, but as does everyone else.

Top Bottom