• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Doctor Mario

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
i dont know how long your playing, but:

not bad for a start :D

i´d advice you to learn Wavedashes, you really need them with doc...
also, try some Uair juggling, it isnt really hard, and effective

good luck XD

(cant give you real good tipps, cause i suck XD)

just watch the tut-video and read the guide that is stickied ^^
and practice

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
1. Try to be much quicker with your reactions or when you retaliate to an attck
2. Learn to short hop instead of jumping all the way in the air
3. Grab more!!
4. Try not to use the mario tornado unless for recovery
5. You need to you the advanced tecquniques Search youtube for "SSBM Advanced How Tow Play"
6. Last but not least GET BETTER!!

Tank20

Smash Apprentice
kk u need alot of work.
1. Do more grabs more Ugrabs, and Dgrabs.
2.Do some more smash attacks, like Dsmash, Usmash, and Fsmash but u have to know when to do it.
3.Try wavedashing it rlly helps, if u dont know how just ask sum1 how and practice it alot
4. Dodge more of his moves, thats why u need to wavedash.

Trooper

Smash Rookie
RE:rate my mario

k thx guys for ur help and thx stos for ur time in training ^^

SoCalLove

Smash Cadet
Super noob question but this is the first place that I saw so here goes, whats the Usmash, Dsmash, Fair, etc.? I understand the basic manuevers but with all the letters in front of them I just get lost. Anyone got a link that explains all of this?

Thank you.

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Yeah thats the sorta noob question that invites alot of flaming as far as i know, so i'll respond to this and explain nicely because I hate people who are biased against "noobs".
Usmash is ups mash, dsmash is down smash, Fair is forward-air (forward+a in air), etc. etc. etc. There is a thread somwhere which has all the terminology.

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
As for Trooper: Your grabs (especially from charging) look really nice, like the ones where you catch from air. Thats a great tactic. You should definately work on your spacing and DI (directional influence) as it seems like your Link buddy in the first video was really capitalizing on it. It looks like you've got alot of mechanics down, but you should definately learn "advanced techniques" (wavedashing, SHFFLing, etc.) as they're important... especially for our main man doc and his awful range. it seems like you should also work on your Forward-air.. its such an awesome part of Dr. Mario and you dont use it as heavily as perhaps you should. Also, you double-jump alot and spend alot of time hanging in air. Though Dr. Mario has got some nice air moves, I personally still feel really vulnerable (especially with link) when i hang in the air too long. You might wanna shorthop more or try to not let yourself hang so close, inviting an attack.
Overall i think you did a pretty darn good job. For amateur skill level i'd definately give you an 8 or so.

Top Bottom