• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Doc!

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Oooh man I got a headache from that last video. I only watched the newest and wow you are playing a really crappy Peach player.
Tips:
-Where you go in the street you get hit by cars, right? Same thing when you are trying to Up+B the ledge and Peach DSmashes you. Press the L button right after you get hit by the smash and you should be good.
-Use NAir.
Alright use it because it has a very good priority and if shuffled you can kill Peach just over 100.
-Use Dair. Variety and L-Cancelling go a long way. I'm still getting used to completely incorperating Wavedashes and SHFFL's into my Doc, play Jiggs and Gannon with Doc as third in my list. But Nair and Dair have two things going for them you can use them and get behind Peach, past her sheild and when Peach tries to hit you with a DSmash she will be open for a Fair or Nair.
-Grab. I really don't recall you grabbing Peach, ever. Once you have grabbed someone they have to DI and get back into their game style or are put on the defensive if they hit the ground. Either case you have control the match then by pursuing them and SHFFLing Uair, which you did rather well, or hitting them with SHFFL'd Nairs.
-Just against Peach, on a big stage like you did in the later part of the Poke Stadium, Pill spamming works well and when Peach wants long range and starts pulling Turnips try and,
a) cape them back or
b) catch them by pressing A or jumping of a sec and press Z, my peferred method.

Also playing better people doesn't make you a better player but you will learn from their mistakes and see how to get better. The Peach in those vids wasn't good at all, seriously I think he didn't know how to float and attack correctly.

RagingSilence

Smash Cadet
I'd say grab a little more but not a whole lot more. I liked the Dthrow --> bair-->bair combo you did.

I would also say use doc's neutral A more often both in the air and on the ground. It racks up something like another 3% dmg if you can punch her and then Dsmash her...it lifts her off the ground a little bit and very temporarily stuns her unless she is a ground canceller
. I would actually switch out a few of your backwards fairs out for Nair.

Only other thing that comes to mind is you rolled a little more than I'd like to see...rolling gets really predictable sometimes.

Completely agree with the Wall teching (Pressing the L button to wall tech Peach's D-smash). I didn't see you tech once from Peach's D-smash both off the edge or on the ground. A lot of times I can tech it right so that instead of being thrown off into nowheresville, I just tech the ground and roll a ways away.

Loved the bairs uairs and pilling and loved the D-smash though, keep it up. Can never have enough pills X_x

Ah yes and last but not least...work on those nados...you are in the habit if doing them and doing them at different depths to throw peach off but the perfect nado can be the difference between a death and survival sometimes.

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
Well, lets say that your playing is better than that music. I think you need to Dash Cancel and Jump Cancel more...mainly just learning technical crap to polish it over.

MuBa

Smash Lord
The most effective way to beat her is to play defensive. From what I saw, you tried to go against Peach head-on, don't do that cuz her priority is too high against Doc, plus when you get close to her, she ends up D-Smashing you.

Also you tend to spam F-airs a lot, which is good, but you may want to use that as a finisher/punisher/combo ender against a Peach (I'd say go for D-Throw -> F-air).

- I've noticed when you try to edge hog Peach, you tend to ledge hop and try to U-air or B-air her. All you have to do is roll dodge off when Peach is near the ledge and you would have gotten a quicker KO. And if you're worried about her getting a second jump in, remember this, several B-airs will lose her 2nd jump.

- You tend to spam attacks in general hoping for a good hit, don't do that, or else you're going to get punished like you did in the video.

-Catch turnips! Cape Turnips! You got the tools to use those against her. Whenever I play against Peach I always cape those turnips. It screws up Peach's game so much it's not even funny.

-Do not ever try to hit Peach underneath a platform while she is doing her D-Smash, you will take the damage as if you're Crouch Canceling it. Go for a U-air after she is done with the attack and combo her to a B-air or F-air.

-The only attack imo that will battle against Peach's speed/priority is your B-air. SHBAWD (Short Hop Back Air Wave Dash) those against her. U-air and N-air works pretty well against her.

-Get a little more practice on Wall-Teching. Wavedash more and roll-dodge less.

Other than that you're definitely not a n00b, so just keep on working with the stuff above and you'll do much better against Peach.

Top Bottom