• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my DK? Yes, no, maybe so?

phish-it

Smash Champion
Not for nothing, but that Falco was, well pretty terrible. You seem to have some of the basics down but it looks like you try to do the same thing in certain situations.

Like every time you hit with a d-air your tried to up-B right afterwards (where it didn't work), when in some places you should have grabbed or f-aired or up-smashed etc. Also at 33 seconds, you should have finished him with a b-air instead of a huge f-air since you knocked him back toward the stage.

Also, after a kill, Charge up the big one!! Aside from that, you don't look bad, just try to keep a few things in mind.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Yeah, not bad. The Falco wasn't very good and bad space animals are what DK eats for breakfast. You need to work on a lot of stuff which Fishhead mentioned.

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
A very nice DK. You have sure gotten a great one! I like the DK juggling you did. More grabs and B charging and then you're good. Make sure your brother improves with the Falco too.

DK_4_LYFE

Smash Rookie
dont listen to these ppl. for u to play a secondary character like that is a good thing. just notice that all the ppl that say "its the falco" are dk users (based on their avatars). i think u did fine.

DK_4_LYFE

Smash Rookie
^^^oooohhh thats a nice idea. it will show any mistakes u might make for better more *cough* professional *cough* critiquing. so get uploading a vid in which u lose : )

JFizzle

Smash Apprentice
Well, my brother is pretty crappy cause he has no mindgames lol. He also can't waveshine consistently. Thanks everyone for your replys. The thing with me losing is that it rarely happens lol. At my school, I only lose to a Doc player who has incredible mindgames. I'm getting some nice recording equipment pretty soon, so I can upload some hardcore DK stuff maybe in like a week or so. I'll keep you fools updated. Again, thanks for the replys and all the advice!!

mood4food77

Smash Hero
you guys didn't talk, no fun watching

pretty decent, didn't grab very much, but he did get scared and commit suicide once, so that's a plus

also, stop going for fanciness and go for pleasure, as a cargo uthrow 0-death isn't as flashy as falco's shine pillar, but it's 10 million times as satysfying, if you can do that constantly, you'll be another DK to watch

on and by the way, DK is they gheyist low tier character there is, phish and bailey showed me how

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
yeah exactly why dont they talk???
its like they hate themselves and theyre recording coz theyre being forced!!

whats uP??? i never shut my mouth when fightin OR recording! i mean you just did an incredibly awesome Kill and all you do is press the start button and shut ur mouth???

well other than THAAT...you played pretty good

EDIT: and the falco player has to use a much more faste SHB that was laame!
he couldve at least use a few more Short Hop dairs and Pillaring is somethin he should do also >_>

but that DK Juggling was sweet

JFizzle

Smash Apprentice
Actually, my brother is the one who pressed start, cause he couldn't believe he lost a stock so early. But yeah, every time he died, I made a face or started dancing in place. We kept quiet so you can hear the game, but I guess commentary is much better. Any who, I got myself an Archos 604, so I'll be posting some better quality vidz in this section in a few days :O

mukoe890

Smash Apprentice
nice uair combo in the middle of it. but idk about dk but from what ive seen thats basic, but you made good use of it. and about the bairs, ive seen people fight backwards and live off bairs with the mighty kong. and yea after they die or if they are camping charge up that punch

Top Bottom