• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my DK plz.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Use Dtilt more often. It has a 50% chance rate of tripping and it's very quick, so you can hit with it multiple times. Utilize Ftilt too. It has massive range, good knockback and decent KO power. A good combo for early percentages is Dthrow -> Ftilt. Try using the headbutt if you predict spot dodges or rolls. Trust me, it's really useful that way, I learned so the hard way :(.

For the cargo, always ALWAYS attempt a cargo stage spike if you grab an opponent and you're near the edge (provided they're at a high enough percentage, of course). Another great setup is to Cargo Dtoss people off the stage, and from there on there are a myriad of things you can do, such as spiking them, Bair, or just plain toss them and walk a bit back to prepare for an Fsmash in their face (a rather situational strategy, but it works well enough).

Down B can be used on platforms as well if you tilt downward gently enough, though it only works well if you're fighting tall opponents, but it works wonders and it can surprise them quite a bit. I recommend doing this on Battlefield and Yoshi's Island (when the see-saw is low enough). Finally, be aware of the super armor frames around the beginning of Up B and around the middle of the DK Punch, and speaking of the Up B, you can move forward during the attack, but you can't move backward.

The one thing I really like about DK is that almost none of his moves (with the exception of Ftoss and maybe Uthrow, I haven't really found the right moment to use it effectively) are useless.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
ok few things

needs more ftilt, really, ftilt is one of your best attacks

bair approaches, learn to rar and screw around with the different things bair leads into, great for setting up the headbutt

don't always go for the stage spike, its really tempting, but better opponents will wiggle out, and then you're in a lot of trouble, bthrow is really good

other than that, pretty good for a secondary

5yphon

Smash Cadet
i think u have a beast DK all u really need to do is ftilt a lil bit more and maybe go for the >b a little more especially when u have low percent and they are around 60 it basically kills every time if u hit
(hard to go with this in fear of getting chain grabbed so i dont blame u)
other than that u seemed pretty good forget what people say about their opponents being bad u guys both looked good with the exception of a few mental mistakes

CO18

Smash Hero
Thanks for all the tips. Just need to play with him more really. Funny since I ftilt and rar alot with ddd lol.

Ill defintley start doing them more. thx guys

Top Bottom