• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Bowser!

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master

ElectroBlooper

Smash Cadet
All right. No offense, but your Bowser could use some work. Let's start with your approach. Bowser is not good at attacking from above. If you are above your opponent, your goal should be to get back to the ground rather than to engage them. Dair sucks - there is always a better option so try not to use it at all. Fair can be a good approach and I think it was the best approach I saw you use. SH flame is also good so long as you aren't too predictable with it. Fortress is never a good approach. Out of shield, it is lightning fast and does OK damage. As an approach, it is slow, low priority, not very damaging, and very punishable. I think I only saw you do this once, though. Also, Bowser's roll is pretty bad, so try to minimize rolling in general. The two bowsercides at the end only worked because, to be frank, your opponent sucked. Both were very avoidable and would not have been bowsercides anyways with any DI. The second one should have been especially easy to avoid because you were very obvious about it: on the last stock literally all you did was attempt bowsercides. Against a good player, that kind of stuf is going to get punished very hard. The suicide at the beginning could have been avoided if you DI'd into the edge, but you probably realize that.

Against ROB, you want to stay on his *** whenever you can because he outcamps and outprioritizes you. Keep in close and use your faster attacks. Again, this doesn't apply much to the ROB you faced because he was pretty bad. I don't have much experience with ROBs though, so if anyone has more experience fighting him, feel free to correct me.

shockfrost

Smash Apprentice
All right. No offense, but your Bowser could use some work. Let's start with your approach. Bowser is not good at attacking from above.
Rubbish.

Good use of the basic air attacks, but you should be using the Firebreath and the Klaw as well from that posture. I only saw direct physical, and Bowser has a LOT more tricks to use up there. Good job kiting and using his airspeed though, you stayed maneuverable and made the most of it.

You were doing a lot of commiting to heavy shots, early on. Luckily your opponent walked right into a couple of them... that's why they call em' gambles... but I recommend waiting until at least 60% damage so that your shot has a strong chance to KO if you should connect. True, a smash will get you a lot of damage in a hurry, but other attacks can get you 30% nearly as quick and involving less risk. Also, remember to stop smashing and start swiping as the fight drags on.

Your failed recovery early in the match is generally not excusable beyond simple oops. Practice to improve it.

Your boozercide tactics were solid given your opponent was mostly out to lunch, but ciding will not make you a better Bowser player.

IN SHORT
Your air collision game was good. Focus on more variety.
You should have been using Fire breath.
Good timing.
A bit early for the smashes.
Avoid silly mistakes (messed up recovery)

Overall, fair performance.

KoopaKoopaParatroopa

Smash Apprentice
i've been watching a few of your other character vids...
there was one thing that wasn't character specific or anything. you used A LOT of double jumps and full hops in the vids I watched. very rarely would I see a short hop (plus a fast fall aerial).

remember, if you keep doing the same thing, your opponent learns how to react to it.

but bowser related...
bowsercide wasn't necessary. you were 4th player anyways, so it was going to be a sudden death for sure. cide when you're one stock ahead.
try not to approach with a running side B unless you know you're going to klaw your opponent... it has very little range and stops you for a sec.
your edgeguarding was good.

hope you find your secondary soon :]

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
good game, but I think you should use less smash attacks and concentrate more of your fire breath as well more variety of attacks which in the long run will help out, also it's good that you bowsercided but overdoing it is also bad in being that it really won't help you become a better Bowser players if that is what your aiming for, but overall good performance

Top Bottom