• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate/critique my wario. 2 vids of me getting owned added!

bassem6

Smash Lord
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Tb3JPnbJtGY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Cc0bzdk_sL0

New vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8cFlArerQs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ScbUePuos8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-08t39x48g

My opponent kinda sd'd in a few of these so their mediocre.

However, I will have some vids of me playing the #7 guy on smashbrawlrankings soon(allyornotally) in which you can watch me lose >_>

Well here are those vids I promised. I must warn you, they are not pretty xD. I suppose this is more about learning then being pretty though.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cYrazBvR6Mw

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P_9YDqgAU3Y

(please note these vids are about 3-4 weeks old despite the fact they were uploaded recently.i HAVE improved since then)

Tell me what you think:)

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Nice Wario. I saw a few instances where you should have abused the Fsmash but opted for an aerial instead. Other than that, it's all good. I'll put your name up in the vid topic.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Good Wario. Just try to use your fart a little earlier so he doesn't glow brown (It pretty much has the same power), makes it all predictable y'know. :p

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
If you mean using the bike as an attack bananaman, I would say no. Using it too much leads to prediction and it already is mediocre to start.

Hizkit

Smash Apprentice
Pretty good, you used your bike appropriately in my opinion, not leaving it lying around, using it to easily rush and get upclose.

Good job.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Not bad... you're pretty good at the weaving back and forth with Wario... you use his Nair quite well too. Biggest issues I saw was that you don't keep good track of waft charge (or use it that efficiently, for that matter), you use downsmash WAY too much (it's probably Wario's move w/ the greatest cooldown lag, and thus easiest to punish... it's better to save it for a killing blow when the opponent is at high percents, b/c it comes out pretty fast), you also sometimes use bite and just stand there, holding it, for some reason. Lastly, you hardly ever grab, don't know why.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Thanks for pointing those flaws out phantomx, I'll try to improve on those. Also, if anyone wants to do a wario ditto, just post that you do and I'll add you. My aim is bassem112233.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
Your spacing is pretty bad. You don't seem to have tight control of Wario. And the predictability of your Dair to Fsmash will be punished when playing against competent players.

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
Two things I noticed is that in your first new video you spammed the U-air way too much, thus decreasing its effectiveness. It should be used sparingly to optimize destructive power. Also, you've got to use N-air more, as the possibilities for using it are great. N-air to F-smash, F-air to N-air for pursuing off the edge, N-air to D-tilt, etc.

As a rule of thumb, however, you shouldn't spam any move unless it's a move like F-air and you're spamming it for mindgames.

Ace55

Smash Lord
you use downsmash WAY too much (it's probably Wario's move w/ the greatest cooldown lag, and thus easiest to punish... it's better to save it for a killing blow when the opponent is at high percents, b/c it comes out pretty fast)
PhantomX and his relentless campaign for the (smart usage of the) Dsmash. And you know what? I think you're right. I just seriously hate the move because the only time I use it is when I want to do a SHDair and I hit the C-stick too soon. But it could be a usefull alternative to the Fsmash (especially if you've deminished you Fsmash) in very, very close combat. Only thing is that if they shield it, it's probably a "insert almost any attack here" to the face for you.

I think uncharged waft might have more cooldown, but I'm not sure.

About the video, the SD in part 3 is so me. It's like, I don't wanna waste the waft to recover, I can make it (not). It's hard to make a judgement based on these videos because like someone said, he could be sidestepping you're smashes, etc, etc. But for all we know, you could just be using the Fsmash just because it's this perticular opponent. And if it was a smarter/more devensive opponent, you would switch to Dair to bite. Or maybe you wouldn't.
See where I'm going here, it's hard to make assessments on how good someone is just by watching a few videos against a perticular non world class player (I mean, I'f he was playing Ken in Melee and he won, that would of course mean something). You can see what someone's doing wrong, but you can't really judge if his offensive actions would work against other players.
So I'm just saying: against this perticular Ike, you kicked ***.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Thanks for your input everyone. I'll try to work on my spacing more. I also find myself accidentally d-smashing when using consecutive dairs ace xD.

Anyways, It will probably be easier for you guys to help me improve if I were to post some matches that I lost...which I will soon enough, as soon as the vids are uploaded!

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I watched that 3rd video vs Ike, and if I'd have *one* recommandation, it would be to use the half-waft.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Work on dodging attacks from slower characters like Ike instead of trying to go head to head against him. I saw a bunch of times where you could have safely dodge an attack but instead you tried to beat him out with fair or dair. That and like others have stated, work on using his Half charged Waft more. You can get two of those in by the time it gets fully charged :)

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
Full jump aerials and Double jump Dair bombs are very safe manuevers, but only doing them makes you one dimensional and predictable for your opponent. And a predictable Wario is very easy to abuse and outspace. Practice SH aerial approach retreats and airdodge trickery. Also you upsmash approach way too much, its your basis for your ground game.

I'd say in the end you just need to practice to stay more grounded at times(walk more, shield more, ect.) SH more, and switch up your offense and defensive strategies. Being a Wario beserker is fun, but if Wario's short-range a$s is going to approach every waking second, it's not hard to greet him with their own attack when they think you are. Wario just doesn't have the priority and range to be full offense.

Other than that, ggs. And I loved the Marth battle-spin-dance, lol. Seriously made me smile.

W-man

Smash Cadet
For the match against Marth, you could have been more defensive against his aerial approaches. Trying to shield grab an opponent forces him to change his playstile ; here he owned you right by outranging you on the air. Here it was necessary to take him by the air, however. I loved you D-airs (especially when you bites him after he shields.) but you could have F-air more. Marth is a bad matchup for Wario, unless you edgeguard his poor recovery. You could have done it better several times, by usind B-air to match his range. Seriously, Wario is a lord edgeguarder, and must be played as it.

bassem6

Smash Lord
thanks for the feedback guys! By the way blue shell, your gamebattles partner has a mean Olimar! O_O

Top Bottom