• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate/Critique/ my team

H@wK

Smash Ace
San Juan P.R. PKMN D/P FC - 4940 2077 9502
I haven't posted neither my team, or an idea.

Staraptor/ @???/Adamant/252att 252spd 6hp
31 IV att (lucky)
Brave Bird
Close Combat
U-turn
Roost

Roserade/ @Choice Specs/Modest/252hp 252spatt 6def
Leaf Storm
Sludge Bomb
Weather Ball
???

Arcanine/ @Lefties/Adamant/252att 128hp 128spd
Flare Blitz
EX-speed
Crunch
Howl

*Dragonite/ @Lefties/Adamant/252att 252hp 6def
Outrage
T-punch
Roost/F-punch/Focus Punch
Dragon Dance

*Tyranitar/ @Lefties/Adamant/252att 252hp 6def
Stone Edge
Crunch
EQ
Dragon Dance

Rhyperior/ @Choice Band/Adamant 252att 252hp 6spdef
Stone Edge
EQ
Megahorn
Avalanche

*These two are actually the same, I'm thinking about replacing one with either, Lucario/Garchomp.

Im also thinking about Forretres, a physical wall, with Spikes/ToxicSpikes/Stealth Rock but with 2 of those moves, Spikes+ToxicSpikes/Spikes+StealthRock/ToxicSpikes+StealthRock.

Please discuss.

ss118

Smash Master

31 IV att (lucky)
Brave Bird
Close Combat
U-turn
Roost
Nice IV's, I'd get rid of Roost for Pursuit, and use A Choice Band/Scarf.

Leaf Storm
Sludge Bomb
Weather Ball
Hidden Power(Try it and see what it is)
Why did you put EVs in HP? What happened to Speed, cause this thing is gonna crumble when, well, anything, thruthfully.

Flare Blitz
EX-speed
Crunch
Howl
In this case, I'm guessing HP is to enlong survival. Good set, though.

Outrage
T-punch
Dragon Dance
Replace

Stone Edge
Crunch
EQ
Dragon Dance
Good.

Stone Edge
EQ
Megahorn
Avalanche
Good

*These two are actually the same, I'm thinking about replacing one with either, Lucario/Garchomp.

Im also thinking about Forretres, a physical wall, with Spikes/ToxicSpikes/Stealth Rock but with 2 of those moves, Spikes+ToxicSpikes/Spikes+StealthRock/ToxicSpikes+StealthRock.

Please discuss.
Good team, I like that you used Roserade XD

D

Deleted member

give roserade grassknot

give up some pokes cause youll be weak to water
earthquakes are also a weakness
and a good swampert may just sweep your team

titus

Smash Journeyman
hmm, i think that you kind of have a big weakness to ice, like four of your poke's. however i see you have the moves to counter ice types so good job, your team is good overall.

a little better if you do switch the EV's for roserade's spd, and switch out leaf storm.

and i dont really like fire types, but arcanine is one of my favorite pokemon so i can't say anything bad about it. cuz with extreme spd, and flare blitz it is amazing.

and i'd boot dragonite for forretress. cuz you need a wall, and dragon type moves are useless, that is what ice is for.

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
An okay team. I've learned this from my 8 years of pokemon. If you HAVE ONLY SWEEPERS, when the walls come up you go DOWN!

I would recommend a Toxic/Spike/Stealth/Rawr Impish Skarmory seeing that they are the best ones out there to use that moveset.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord

31 IV att (lucky)
Brave Bird
Close Combat
U-turn
Roost/Pursuit

His SDef is really low so try to evade Special Sweepers if you are going with Roost. His Def is not so high either, but at least Intimidate helps. Try using pursuit if you think someone will switch due to Intimidating.

Leaf Storm
Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball
Weather Ball
filler (maybe you can put Shadow Ball here and have both Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb)

You should be thinking of going with either Sludge Bomb or Shadow Ball. For a strong STAB Attack you have Leaf Storm, so Sludge Bomb is more for type coverage, but since Poison isn't such a good type only being Super Effective to Grass then you should stick with Shadow Ball. Also make sure you have the Natural Cure ability since you may be switching Roserade a lot due to Choice Specs and the -2 SAtk punish of Leaf Storm.

Also you can go with the sunnybeam set:

Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Weather Ball
Synthesis/Shadow Ball

Be wary of Roserade's low defense but high SDef.

Flare Blitz
EX-speed
Crunch/Thunder Fang
Howl

I say Thunder Fang because of the lack of electrice moves on your team. Your main moves after Howling would be Flare Blitz if you are faster, and EX-Speed if you're not. The other attack is there for type coverage. The only type that can resist both your main moves is Rock, so Crunch may not be your best move for that. If it's a Rock/Ground then Thunder Fang won't work. The other option would be Iron Tail... but is not very accurate. The last choice.... Dig... but if you use it and your foe has EQ (which any Rock type would probably have...) then gg. Your choice. But I would probably go with Thunder Fang and just evade most Ground types.

Outrage
T-punch
Dragon Dance

Stone Edge
Crunch
EQ
Dragon Dance

T-tar better than Dragonite. D:

Stone Edge
EQ
Megahorn
Avalanche

Please discuss.
That's basically it.

hyyde

Smash Rookie
Don't use Forretress because Skarm does it better. He was THE wall in RSE and is still pretty hawt this generation.

A lot of people are packing a ton of ice these days because of Garchomp ph33r; be careful. I'd nix dragonite for skarm. I also agree with Thunder Fang on Arcanine since Dragonite should be the first poke to drop and he's the only poke with an electric attack on your team right now.

I also don't really think that Roserade is doing much for you. You may want to replace that with Starmie (Ice Beam~Thunderbolt~Surf~Grass Knot/Rapid Spin/Psychic) or even Alakazam (Psychic~Calm Mind~Shadow Ball/Energy Ball~Recover).

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I say you should keep Roost on your Staraptor. To recover from recoil dmg to Brave Bird, and to last long enough to intimidate over and over with your Intimidate + U-turn combo. I'd say your Staraptor has the best movesets of all your pokemon.
Another suggestion I have is to add Light Screen to one of your pokemon. So Dragonite wont faint against the Ice attacks. And make Dragonite hold this one item I forgot what it was called... But it weakens the power of super effective attacks. You can also combine that hold item with Rhyperior's Solid Rock ability, so your Rhyperior will be a true tank. That combined with Light Screen in Effect. And your Dragonite would be alot more dangerous! Plus the rest of your team.
Maybe you can add Light Screen to your Roserade, although Im not sure if it learns it exactly.

Top Bottom