• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate a Mario? (Yes, it's another one of THOSE threads...)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
So yeah, here I am joining the throng of people posting videos of myself to be torn to shreds so that I might hopefully improve.

Mario vs ROB 1 (*Doh* That suicide at the end... Too many messed up capes too.): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIGq8KRE4rY
Mario vs ROB 2 (I didn't do so hot this time...): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83kHCrEUMus

I can usually cape that gyro back pretty well, but seemed to mess up the timing yesterday. Maybe he just finally learned to shoot before/after the cape? :laugh:

Mario vs Ness 1 (Wow... I played horribly...): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWTgm-e-S9s
Mario vs Ness 2 (This one was cool, though he could have Bthrow killed me twice during that second stock.): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DT1omJvxY4

Thanks in advance!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Watched the 2nd Ness video.

I must say, your spacing is pretty bad.

You don't seem very confident in your ability to approach with aerials. Learn SH double B-airs and U-airs, not to mention buffered SH D-air -> N-air or U-air.

You camp with Fireballs waaaaay too predictably.

Too many dash grabs. Learn Dashing shieldgrabs. Not to mention shieldgrab approaches.

You need more D-smash or D-air out of shield/spotdodge.

Basically, your movements are way too limited. You don't exploit defensive options very well. I dunno.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I watched your first Ness vid.

Based on that, I can honestly say that you're not very aggressive. You didn't throw out a single aerial till 2nd stock, you fireball predictably and too close to the opponent without following up behind it, your edgeguarding was too controlled, your spacing was off...all that good stuff.

You didn't seem very comfortable with Mario, which is something easily remedied. My opinion, you just need to get a little more confident when using him, which comes from using him more. The more aggressive play, correct spacing, edgeguarding tricks, the whole shabang comes with just being comfortable playing Mario. Prolly more to add once I watch the rest.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
What choo talking about? That Ness was beastly XD.

Maybe you should use someone else TC

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
PK, I actually use Kirby, but I want to improve my Mario as well since I enjoy playing him, thus the need for feedback.
As for the Ness, he was looking for a secondary. He doesn't actually play Ness that often either.

But anyway, thanks for the feedback guys. I'll try to incorporate this into my game.

Dory

Smash Journeyman
based on the first vid (only one a watched :/ ) :

mix it up with the AAA's (A+A+ Grab, A+ Grab, A+A+Smash)

I didnt see you grab that many times to be honest. utilize mario's dthrow for combos and his bthrow to kill (or just for some damage cause i <3 grabs) and shield grab when you can. i saw you shield his dash attacks and then roll away... but again dont try to FORCE grabs because then you may become predictable and such.

I saw you use to cape ALOT. :/ maybe thats your style but that was ALOT lol

Practice =D youll get it =)

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Your sig offends me. No not what Mario's saying...

The background sucks! Change it.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah Dory, I usually like using the cape, but I kept messing it up in these matches, and, for some reason, that made me want to use it more to get it right, which, obviously, it doesn't work that way. But all right, I'll try to work on that.

Top Bottom