• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ratatouille

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Anybody else go to check this out? I had my cousins (8-10 yrs.) coming in from out of town with some relatives, and they all decided we should go see Ratatouille. Well, I was expecting a very kiddy movie, but it turned out to be a great showing.

It is definetly my favorite Pixar movie, and that is for three main reasons.

1. It was very UNcliche.
2. It had humor that didn't come from people farting (I'm looking at YOU Shrek!)
3. The whole movie was witty and clever, and made lots of references that make the movie funny for adults and kids.

Well, did you guys see it? What did you think?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Amazing. This could very well unseat A Bug's Life as my favorite Disney/Pixar movie. That chase scene with the rat and that weird restraunt guy was more exhillerating than anything Transformers could do. Very, very good film.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
It helped re-establish my faith in Pixar. They are by far the best animation studio in the world right now (and yes, I'm counting Japanese studios in this category). I just think we should start calling them the "New Disney," since the old Disney can't get it's s*** together.

Everything about this movie was great. The animation was amazing, the characters were well done, and the story was always clever. I couldn't remember a single "hack and cough" moment. It was all so clever and unique.

Ratatouille shows us exactly what it takes to make a family movie. I eagerly await Pixar's next animated masterpiece.

SSB_FANATIC

Smash Rookie
It helped re-establish my faith in Pixar. They are by far the best animation studio in the world right now (and yes, I'm counting Japanese studios in this category). I just think we should start calling them the "New Disney," since the old Disney can't get it's s*** together.

Everything about this movie was great. The animation was amazing, the characters were well done, and the story was always clever. I couldn't remember a single "hack and cough" moment. It was all so clever and unique.

Ratatouille shows us exactly what it takes to make a family movie. I eagerly await Pixar's next animated masterpiece.
I agree with you.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I hated Toy Story. Don't know why, I just did.

My favorite Pixars are probably in this order:

Ratatouille
Incredibles
Cars
Monsters Inc.
Finding Nemo
Toy Story
Toy Story 2

h2ownage

Smash Journeyman
Victoria, Australia. We have Strikers already! For
Hmm, I may have to see it. It sounds really good from you guys. I didn't like Cars that much, definetly not one of my favourite Pixar movies. Toy Story, The Incredibles and maybe Finding Nemo are my favourite.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Monsters Inc had a really good storyline I thought.

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
haha. I loved this movie. Finding Nemo takes a close 2nd.

I have already seen this movie 4 times, not purposely, but I must say, from having rather low expectations from seeing the previews, I must say i was shocked, touched, and I cant wait to buy it ony DvD.

One word: Amazing

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I just saw this movie yesterday. It is one of the greatest movies I've ever seen in my entire life.
I'm glad the critics loved it (Rotton Tomatoes: 96/100). It's way better than that "Open Season" movie I saw a few months ago, it was a big dissapointment. :p

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
This is still the best movie I've seen this year... It is also the best Pixar film...

(2009 - Disney's next 2-D theatre released animated film in the works)

Anchan

Smash Rookie
YES. I saw this movie 7 times. <__< Everything was good: the animation, the lighting, the music, the voices...all the characters are likable in their own way. Especially Linguini! I made a T-shirt with his picture that has "We wants the redhead!" written on it...XD;

Top Bottom