• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rat-A-Tat Rap Banjo & Kazooie

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master

here is the situation: banjo & kazooie are developed by rare. Microsoft (the devil) own not %40 not %60 but %100 percent of rare. which makes them 1st party to MS and out of Nintendo's reach. So .Nintendo approaches MS. They say " we would like banjo & kazooie as PC's in Super smash brothers brawl. Now Microsoft has to deicide a few things

1) will it harm 360 sales

2) will it promote B&K 3.

3) will be loose money in the long run

4) are we getting paid enough

5) will it harm our game sales directly

now the board votes. Microsoft can come up with two conclusions

1) we are going to loose money on it

2) we have no game in direct competition with brawl and it will promote B&K 3.

so it's up to them to deicide.

Intellectual property is not owned by Microsoft...

So Rare can just say: "Oh Sakurai San! use our creation ;)"

And Microsoft can't do a **** thing about it (legally) of course doing it against MS's will would be a bad choice for Rare, they are in NO WAY OBLIGATED.

OR Nintendo can buy full rights. they can buy the characters and make them 1st party. (but that is going extreme)

i hope i explained it well for the people who didn't understand.

why would Nintendo want them in, who are they and why Nintendo don't the have the rights to them but have the rights to DK. it's all explained.

who are they?

Banjo

Common arguments[/FONT]

most of these are stupid nOObish comments but the deserve a mention

1) this pair was never popular

1A) the games were one of the most popular games on the N64

2) they are gay

2A) that is opinion and you are gay.

3) Nintendo Never took them off so too say

3A) Nintendo had high hopes for these two. they bloomed under the rare with the guidance of Nintendo. If rare was still 2nd party they would of been in by now

Games

wkipedia said:
Banjo-Kazooie

The first game in the series, Banjo-Kazooie was released in 1998 for the Nintendo 64. Banjo's sister, Tooty, has been kidnapped by the witch Gruntilda and it's up to the bear and bird duo to save her.

Banjo-Tooie
The second game in the series, but third chronologically, Banjo-Tooie was released in 2000 for the Nintendo 64. Gruntilda is freed from her subterranean prison by her two sisters, Mingella and Blobbelda, and proceeds to wreak havoc on the Isle O' Hags to restore her body to its former "glory".

Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge

The third game in the series, but second chronologically, Grunty's Revenge was released in 2003 for the Game Boy Advance. During the game, Gruntilda travels back in time to prevent the first meeting of Banjo and Kazooie.

Banjo-Pilot

The fourth game in the series, Banjo-Pilot was released in 2005 for the Game Boy Advance. This game is not part of the plot of the series, much like other racing games such as Mario Kart are not part of their series.

Banjo-Kazooie 3

Being the fifth game in the series, Banjo-Kazooie 3 was recently announced at X06, however, little is known about it other than what could be extracted from a short teaser trailer. The trailer sported a cubist artistic design for the characters and complete fur and feather detailing on Banjo and Kazooie. The game is set to be released on the Xbox 360 with a tentative released date of 2008, thus marking the tenth anniversary of the series

The new Look

this is new look of B&K. it is very cubist and Banjo looks like an Alabasta ******. the can see the differences between the 360 and 64 look. Banjo is much more square. The nose is up rather then the circle nose of the 64 look.Kazooie looks like a Turkey. Mostly because of her longer neck and the her body looks like it has fur not feathers in the 360 look. Also, i think his "new nose" blockes his eye sight

http://img.jeuxvideo.fr/photo/00C8000000277899.jpg/IMG]

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Sienna"]
Move-set & mechanics[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[IMG]http://ibanjo.ifrance.com/render/banjoangry.jpg

Obviously, they function as one character, with Kazooie providing support from the backpack.

Stats:
Weight - *** (slightly above average)
Speed - ** (medium-slow)
Strength - **** (medium-high)
Recovery **** (gliding, good third jump)

(Not really sure what else to add here.)

Special Moves:

Standard - as has been explained already, Egg Firing seems to fit this slot best. Blue eggs would be the most common and have the least effect, while fire eggs would provide more offense with a slight burn effect. Ice eggs would have an equal or slightly lower chance of firing, with a small chance to freeze. Grenade would be the strongest, providing moderate damage and knockback to anyone within the blast radius.

Side - Talon Trot. In the games, using this ability causes Kazooie to to carry Banjo on her back while she does the running, and is considerably faster than normal walking. While you have no offensive options in this mode in the games, Kazooie could peck at enemies once you come within range. She could also utilize the single jump from the games.

Up - I'm pretty much decided on this one, Flip-Flap Jump. This is your high jump in the games and would function perfectly as a third jump. On ground, Banjo would crouch down and leap into a high backflip, with Kazooie spreading open her wings. You could then glide back down for a shot period of time if you didn't land. This would function similarly in Brawl, with a medium-high lag time for the move on the ground, but a much shorter one in the air, although still noticeable. Direct contact is the only real option for damage here, but once you've done the move, you're sent into a glide which you can use for extra recovery. This move would provide a fairly recovery distance, but not much in the way of forward recovery. It is not, however, completely vertical.

Down - the Beak Buster/Bill Drill round out the special moves. This one I'm pretty sure on as well, and it seems to fit fairly well. Think of it as a ground pound, with Kazooie's beak driven straight down into the ground. As in the game, if you hold down the button to charge it, it will become the Bill Drill, a more powerful multi-hit attack (think of Master Hand's drill attack). I'm not sure about the exact mechanics for this one though, I originally imagined not having an effect on ground, only in the air, with a little extra power to compensate. I don't think it would make much a difference it worked as Bowser and Yoshi's ground pounds, but I wanted to differentiate it a bit.

Standard Moves:
(I haven't added any concrete damage values because I fear they would be terribly unbalanced, but consider everything slightly above average, coinciding with the power rating I gave.)

A - standard punches into a Claw Swipe (multiple punches/rakes) combo.

Dash A - rolling somersault, good horizontal distance.

Side Tilt - Beak Bayonet (Kazooie slashes with her beak, good power, poor range)

Down Tilt - low sweeping kick/Kazooie low spear (forward beak thrust)

Up Tilt - Rat-A-Tat-Rap (this move is normally forward, but could be easily adjusted upward)/Banjo claps his paws upward (similar to DK up-smash)

Neutral Air - Pack Wack (Banjo swings his backpack around him, hits on left and right, decent range)

Down Air - swinging downward kicks

Forward Air - Rat-A-Tat Rap (Kazooie pecks forward multiple times, good range)

Up Air - Wing Wack (Kazooie swings her wings rapidly, creating a propeller-like effect with a wide hitbox but very little range)

Side Smash - Breegul Bash (Banjo grabs Kazooie by the neck and swings in front of him, smashing her into the ground. Excellent range.)

Up Smash - Kazooie does a spinning driver attack similar to the Bill Drill upwards, multiple hits

Down Smash - this one I'm not so sure about, I was thinking the Pack Wack, but that's already an aerial. I have another option, but it's a one-direction move that propels you forward slightly, it's called the Beak Barge.

Grabs:

(I intended them to have a powerful grab, since Banjo holds them while Kazooie provides the offense)

Strike - Kazooie pecks/slashes, pretty straightforward.

Up - Banjo tosses them upwards and slightly backwards

Down - Banjo body slams the opponent, low knockback

Front - Banjo tosses them forward and up, Kazooie fires several blue eggs (like Mewtwo)

Back - Banjo hurls the enemy backwards, high knockback (similar to Mario, without the spin)/same as front

Final Smash Ideas:

T-Rex - Humba Wumba appears and transforms Banjo into a T-Rex, becoming much bigger and gaining various biting attacks and possibly the roar.

Sharpshooter - Banjo uses Kazooie as a rifle, as in the shooting portions, shooting rapid-fire golden eggs. (Possibly using the melee attack at close range and/or adjustable aim)

Hex - Humba Wumba appears and transforms each opponent into a random critter.

Flying - Kazooie takes flight, slightly difficult to control, can fire eggs and Beak-Bomb enemies (divebomb attack, very difficult to control, high knockback and damage, ends Final Smash whether it hits or not).

Other Notes:

Not much else to say, I don't know if I mentioned it or not but I picture them to be quite floaty, similar to the games, and for the moves to flow in a similar style, slight lag on most attacks but they compensate with better damage. If there's anything you'd like cleared up, just ask.

Stage
Spiral Mountain

the home of B&K and the best stage of the B&K series.

you can find the theme here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1cRQRdg62E

ideas for spiral mountain:

As far as stages go, Spiral Mountain is a no-brainer, it could be quite unique by being a tall level and having a lot of platforms (the mountain path), and vegetables could occasionally pop out of the ground and attack. I was thinking Halfire Peaks could be a unique stage too, if they did it in a way where you spend some time on each side of the stage, with their respective effects (swimmable lava that damages you as long as your in it? Slippery ice something like the oil on Flatzone?), it could be a cool stages. But really, you could base a stage on any level at all, my personal favorite of them all is Grunty Industries, (but I still don't know how I got the main door open, I think it was a glitch, I shot a clockwork egg into the tiny tunnel above the door, and the instant it entered the hole, Banjo got attacked by one of the maintenance enemies. Then, instead of the clockwork bird, it was Banjo and Kazooie that entered the tunnel. Weird huh?)

Support icons

just have a little faith;)[/CENTER]

want to add to the first post? post your ideas! there is always room for one more

[/CENTER]

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Not going to happen. Banjo wasn't even in the Diddy Kong Racing remake on DS.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
yeah. i am not very familiar with the games.i have played them just not in detail. but i am downloading the rom now.;)

any idea's for a move-set. i think the final smash is spot on?

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
The dragon is obvious, but I think it should be like wario man. Basically when kazooie turns into the dragon, they should be faster and more powerful (by a lot.)

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
I dont see why Microsoft need to promote B&K. Seriously I dont, the pair have already gained so much respect because of the great games on N64.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
The dragon breathing fire is a MUST btw. Turning all eggs into fire eggs might also work.

I dont see why Microsoft need to promote B&K. Seriously I dont, the pair have already gained so much respect because of the great games on N64.
Yes, but many people need to be reminded of how awesome they were

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
Alot of people who have 360s are nOObs who would of never played the 64. all of the xbox nOObs at my school say "sixty what". halo for the win. but they love smash. getting banjo in smash they would like it then buy the game.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
BTW, did you think about their moves in the games at all when devising this moveset? There are much better moves than the ones you posted.
I played both platformers all the way through, and I liked his moveset.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Nope, not gonna happen.

Aw such negativity. They deserve to be in Brawl, and have since SSB64. Its not impossible, just have a little faith.

I salute yee Banjo and Kazooie!

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
As much as I'd absolutely love them in it...their chances are very slim : ( Let's see...
(Another possible move list)

B: Egg Shot-Fires eggs at enemies
Side-B: Beak Barge-Banjo leans over Kazooie comes out of his backpack slightly, this is a rushing attack that goes a short distance, can also be charged.
Up B-Shock Spring Jump: Banjo flips onto his back and Kazooie sticks her legs out, springing him upwards.
Down B: Up for debate : \

Final Smash: Wonder Wing-Kazooie would shield Banjo with her wings and the two would glow bright gold. During this they are immune to being attacked entirely and can send foes flying simply by contact.

Banjo and Kazooie would also be able to glide as well as having multiple jumps. Just thought I'd contribute to this thread cuz I love the idea of it ^^

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
they are two awsome characters. have you got any ideas to make the move-set better?
EDIT - i like your side special but that is more like his standard attacks.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Nvm, you saw it. Yeah I kinda figured that...hmm...maybe it could be...hmm...I would guess that a lot of his basic attacks would be clawing attacks, pecking attacks...his dash attack would have to be his roll...maybe he could have some of his pack attacks from BT?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
have you got any ideas to make it better?
Well the egg-firing move could use a random egg (ice, normal, fire, and grenade(rarely) when fired. Ice does the freezie thing, fire does more damage, and ignite them, like most fire items, normal eggs do slight damage, and grenade eggs have high damage and knockback.

Thats the only thing I'd change.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hmm...what about for a Final Smash Mumbo appears and transforms them into something else? XD Anyone for Bumble Bee Banjo? XD

Lol. I think Mumbo might be an AT, transforming enemies into useless things (like the termite lol) for a short amount of time.

Hey that makes sense actually!

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Dragon Kazooie was always awesome so I'm fine with that FS, just making suggestions XD Hmmm...I'd prefer really if the Mumbo AT turned them all into pumpkins...or as even more of an in joke, turned them into washing machines XD

Top Bottom