• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raptor Boost

Velox

Smash Ace
The Raptor Boost is my reason for playing Falcon. It's amazing. Once you get past the knee, fine falcon connoisseur's go for the Raptor Boost.

Discuss.

CaptainRanD0

Smash Apprentice
it's great went it's not being shielded, crouch cancelled or punished for all the start up lag

but it's great when it hits

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
use it for a tech chase or a **** you kill for the last stock when the foe can't recover anyways. (Make sure you have extra stock if they cancel it lol.) other than that don't use it.

-WoMp-

Smash Cadet
Falling u-air>raptor boost is ****. Also raptor boost under low plats like on FoD or stadium when it changes is really good.

D

Deleted member

do the isai

miss d-smash on purpose, then side-b when they try to punish lag

Velox

Smash Ace
do the isai

miss d-smash on purpose, then side-b when they try to punish lag
ahhhh, we have a true Raptor Boost connoisseur in the room :D

also, I'd like to share a story. I once Raptor Boosted someone 5 times in a row!

dilling

Smash Apprentice
You are all blasphemers of the Church of Falcon!! Falcon Kick is the true Holy Grail of followers of the faith!

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Velox although i agree that the raptor boost is good, i don't agree in that is that good of a move. Sure it ranks up there, but in my opinion the move can only be used in certain situations. I think its great for getting under people and using its natural dodge to get through such things as marths fsmash, or using its lag to hit a spot dodging spacies, but other than that, its easily blocked and falcon is waaaay to easy to punish. I give it a 8/10... yes it does set up for great combos, but everything that falcon does sets up for great combos. I guess if you were good at predicting atleast 50% of things it could be very useful. I also think that the stage affects the ability of this move to be a **** move. =D:bee:

megapup

Smash Apprentice
its just a gamble, gives you fantastic combo opportunities but is easily punished. use it wisely!

Top Bottom