• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rank the Neutrals

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
From 1-5, rank the stages that are established as neutrals! The choices are:
Battle Field
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

My rankings:
1) Battle Field
2) Smashville
3) Yoshi's Island
4) Lylat Cruise
5) Final Destination (it sucks in Brawl)

mrman42792

Smash Rookie
1. Smashville!
2. Battlefield
3. Final Destination
4. Yoshi's Island
5. Lylat Cruise

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!

Smash Rookie
1. Yoshi's Island
2. Lylat Cruise
3. Smashville
4. Battlefield
5. Final Destination

Lack of space scares me, but FD has just been picked WAY. TOO. MUCH.

EdSam

Smash Cadet
1) Smashville
2) Battlefield
3) FD
4) Lylat Cruise
5) Yoshi's Island

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
1. Final Destination (no obstructions; the lip can actually be helpful for certain characters)
2. Yoshi's Island (nothing to really complain about; wallcling)
3. Battlefield (nothing to really complain about; no [useful] wallcling)
4. Smashville (platform sometimes ruins normally possible downward attacks due to uncontrollable timing)
5. Lylat Cruise (platform placement results in a disadvantage when launched above them)

Ørion

Smash Ace
1) Battlefield (very neutral, nothing wrong here)
2) Smashville (Platform moves, but still very neutral)
3) Lylat Cruise (There's a tilt, but still neutral)
4) Yoshi's Island (Ghost platforms sometimes give people an advantage, but still fair)
5) Final Destination (Nothing needs to be said)

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
I wanna pick my own previously established neutral stages to rank! Why do I have to use yours! Gosh you're such a control freak! :)

They're not his. They're the ones officially chosen by the competitive smash community (mostly the SBR, I think). Although there are disputes as to what other stages should be neutral or not, these are the current 5 that are deemed neutral.

Ranked based on neutrality:
1.) Battlefield (Decently sized with reasonable platforms and no outstandingly ridiculous features)
2.) Smashville (Behind batlefield due to it's smaller size. Favors heavier characters over lighter ones)
3.) Lylat Cruise (Bent edges and tilting affect horizontal spam, such as lasers. Also, the three platforms are placed less ideally than BF's)
4.) Final Destination (not because it sucks, which I believe it does, but due to its lack of neutrality. It's lack of platforms encourages spam like nothing else. DO NOT PLAY A FALCO ON FD. The lips on the edge destroy certain recoverys while helping others. Metaknight's up-b against the lip autosnaps to the ledge, while spacies get owned.)
5.) Yoshi's Island (Small. Stupid platform in the middle that stops projectiles going into it because it tilts. Support ghost that saves people randomly. A proper edgeguard could mean nothing if the other person is just saved by the support ghost)

Ranked based on self-preference:
1.) Smashville
2.) Lylat
3.) BF
4.) FD
5.) Yoshi's

danielrofl

Smash Cadet
1. Smashville
2. Final Destination
3. Yoshi's Island
4. Battlefield