• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

random tidbits

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Currently gone crazy feel free to add stuff.

(video when i get to borrow my camera..)
run off back air to dash attack/buffered f-tilt, even jab > grab when on top of char(low percents?)

RBA > dash attack > up air > something

if you do RBA close enough into the stage it will cancel some landing lag from b-air(and other aerials)
up air is kind of hard to do it with but can still land you a grab

occasionally i'll pivot right at the edge of the stage and it will stop my momentum but allows me to do aerials quickly and facing the other way.

kneed percents for dair to knee on characters again
(all percents guesstimates)
Ike
-------
lowest percent is 63%
ike dair to knee 80%+ ? (70% and live)
60% dair > fmash

----------------------------------------------------

What do you do that you (that helps you) that you think other falcons should do more?

Psychoace

Smash Champion
run off back air. Sorry for the confusion, I was a little under the influence.

I'll probably have to elaborate on that more, but you how falcos will run off the edge lazer back onto the stage? That but with b-air.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I totally agree :D

Why run and mess up the reverse hadoken when you can fk from the middle of BF and grab the ledge just fine?
Exactly.

But I wasn't just referring to Falcon Kick->ledge cancel->edgehogging, but also Falcon Kick->ledge cancel->(offstage) edgeguarding.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
What's the point of using falcon kick instead of just, you know, running offstage ? FK wastes a good 15 frames just for the startup.

Something that I do and should do more is lock people on the platforms of BF with Uair. You know sometimes at low % someone falls on the platform (like after a Dthrow or a Bair), and you can force the get up with Uair if they' don't tech/airdodge.
Maybe you can follow up the Uair with a free knee, but I'm not sure because everytime I locked someone it was in the heat of battle.

Zeallyx

What's the point of using falcon kick instead of just, you know, running offstage ? FK wastes a good 15 frames just for the startup.

Something that I do and should do more is lock people on the platforms of BF with Uair. You know sometimes at low % someone falls on the platform (like after a Dthrow or a Bair), and you can force the get up with Uair if they' don't tech/airdodge.
Maybe you can follow up the Uair with a free knee, but I'm not sure because everytime I locked someone it was in the heat of battle.
Those 15 frames are the cost of an amazing mindgame; most don't forsee the ledge cancel so it makes for quite the mental advantage, which simply running offstage doesn't net you.

It has worked for me.

Psychoace

Smash Champion

In my personal experience I still consistently fast fall of the edge instead of grabbing the ledge lol. So if I do this all I have to do is position myself correctly.

Ooh, i had not known Uair could lock I've mainly been playing with platform pushes which nets good %.

I see a lot of options when we're pinned on the ledge most people either roll back on, get up attack, or jump to a platform. You can still feint or mix up a feint, I do with a ledge hop Uair and it will auto grab the ledge so you can do it again or feint again.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
If you're fast falling you're just inputting down too late, and not having to position myself is the reason I like this method as you can do it from anywhere.

And really, sometimes being able to grab the ledge first can put your opponent in a very bad position (free knee on marth/ike for example).

Also for the same reason you should always get port 1, as it has priority on the ledge grabs.

Zeallyx

If you're fast falling you're just inputting down too late, and not having to position myself is the reason I like this method as you can do it from anywhere.

And really, sometimes being able to grab the ledge first can put your opponent in a very bad position (free knee on marth/ike for example).

Also for the same reason you should always get port 1, as it has priority on the ledge grabs.
In my experience the positioning isn't that much of a problem actually.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I enjoy ledge cancel -> reverse raptor boost on places like Yoshi's & Lylat for the momentum boost, and for some tricky mindgames.

Also Yoshi's is awesome for janky combos like ledge cancel -> offstage Falcon kick to the ghost platform for pseudo spikes :awesome:

People think I get lucky, little do they know Falcon just likes to go deep.. :smirk:

Top Bottom