• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random thought; what if Sakurai made an SSB64 remake instead of SSB Ultimate?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Just as the title says; what if Sakurai made a full-fledged remake if SSB64 for the 20th anniversary of Smash and released it on January 21, 2019? Here’s a concept list of characters and stages I’d personally add into a remake, not considering all the legal eagle jazz (characters that are bolded are characters that were unused in if not rumored for the original game).

(*=unlockable; §=not accessible in normal gameplay)

Veterans:
-Mario
-Luigi*
-Bowser*
-Donkey Kong
-Link
-Samus
-Yoshi
-Kirby
-King Dedede*
-Fox
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff*
-Mewtwo*
-Ness*
-Captain Falcon*
-Marth*
-Master Hand§

Newcomers (all*):
-Celica
-Ridley
-Simon Belmont
-King K. Rool
-Ayumi Tachibana
-Meowth
-Mach Rider
-Piranha Plant (DLC)
-Cecil Harvey (DLC)
-Skull Kid (DLC)
-Takamaru (DLC)
-Marx (DLC)
-Banjo-Kazooie (DLC)

Total Character Count: 23 base, 29 through DLC

Stages:
-Peach’s Castle
-Mushroom Kingdom*
-Bowser’s Castle
-Congo Jungle
-25m*
-Hyrule Castle
-Death Mountain*
-Planet Zebes
-Yoshi’s Island
-Dream Land
-Sector Z
-Saffron City
-Ushimitsu High School
-Temple of Mila*
-Dracula’s Castle*
-Battlefield§
-Final Destination§
-The Moon from FFIV (DLC)
-Clock Town (DLC)
-Murasame Castle (DLC)
-Milky Way Wishes (DLC)
-Spiral Mountain (DLC)

Stage total: 15 base, 20 through DLC
What do you think of my concept? Does anybody have their own concept for an SSB64 remake (assuming it replaces Ultimate or just as a thought in general?)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
64 players prefer well 64 controller so it probably wouldn't sell well for this community. It might bring more people back to OG version though

HARBlNGER

Smash Apprentice
I doubt Sakurai would have any interest in making a remake of Smash 64. You have a better chance getting a Smash Bros collection for the Switch with 64, Melee, and Brawl on it (small chance imo).

Speaking of Smash 64, does anyone know how the 64 community feel about Smash Remix? I believe the mod is still going on and the last character they released was Bowser, but I'm not sure if anyone's really following the mod or having tourneys for it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, a 64 remake would absolutely flop even if they added a lot of the cut and consider characters to the remake like Bowser, Mewtwo, Peach, ect. It wouldn't be profitable in anyway.

Top Bottom