• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random shot into the air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Ya, so I know this sounds weird, but I was brawling yesterday with Marth on Frigate Orpheon against G&W, and on BattleField against G&W, and all of a sudden I just shot up into the air randomly, I'm not joking, I don't know how and I don't know why, but it happened, and after it I could use my second jump (it worked after my first jump), plus any aerials. On FO I jumped from that elevated stationary platform before it flipped towards the middle that tube thing, after my second jump, and on BF It was after my first jump, once on the top platform, once on the right one, both after my first jump. I tried to replicate it in both matches and do it again, but it didn't work. I saved a replay of one of the matches, the BF one and it shows up on the replay, but I'm not really a you tube guy so I probably won't be able to put it up without help.

Discuss.

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
either G&W was Up Airing you (Up + A while in the air) or he used Up + B which throws you up along with him if you're close (due to his trampoline).

if it's none of this, then you *might've* found a glitch. but most likely it was thanks to G&W that you shot up.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
it was G&W.

the first time i encountered this was on wifi and i thought it was an online glitch :p

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
There was a G&W under you using U-air.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
But the thing is I don't think he was anywhere near me, I'll review the video and look at my finding, and also, I didn't take any damage, just was by myself on one side of the stage and it happened.

WouW

Smash Lord
But the thing is I don't think he was anywhere near me, I'll review the video and look at my finding, and also, I didn't take any damage, just was by myself on one side of the stage and it happened.
Game & Watch's Up Air has a very wide reach. If he was about a character length or two under you, it still pushes upward without flinching or damage.

Stroupes

Smash Lord
I think it's pretty obvious that it was G's Uair.
Unless this has happened with different characters as well.

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
There needs to be a **** sticky that reads "GaW's uair BLOWS you UP."

I mean, seriously. Maybe it's just me being a GaW main, but this is kinda getting annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom