• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random Neutral Stages

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
I put this in the stage discussion, but I feel very ignored =(!

Recently, Colorado had its first Brawl tournament. After looking over the stage list, we decided our random neutrals to be:

Battlefield

Final Destination

Yoshi's season stage (don't know the name)

Pokemon Stadium One

Smashville

Delfino Plaza

We will be having another tournament this up coming weekend, and I'm want to know YOUR opinion on what stages should be random in tournament. Did we miss anything?

By the way I personally disagree with Delfino as random neutral. Even though it seems neutral, it's too random. I guess we thought five stages was too small.

Edit: From the looks of it, the random neutral stages for the next tournament will be:

Battlefield

Final Destination

Yoshi Seasons Stage

Pokemon Stadium One (maybe, Melee battlefield like edges = a problem)

Smashville

Lylat Cruise

Delfino Plaza (maybe, probably not)

Thanks for your help everyone!

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Lylat Cruise? It tilts side to side a little, but other than that it seems pretty safe.

By the way, are any stages banned, and why?

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Nice, Lylat Cruise should be. Also I wanted Luigi's Mansion, but the others voted against it. The list of stages we had banned is now lost (I can't find it) so I'll try to recap. Everything besides these was a counter pick.

Pokemon Stadium Two

Rumble Falls

The Summit

New Pork City

Temple

Great Ocean

Big Blue

Wario Ware

Distant Planet

Possibly Norfair

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
Nice, Lylat Cruise should be. Also I wanted Luigi's Mansion, but the others voted against it. The list of stages we had banned is now lost (I can't find it) so I'll try to recap. Everything besides these was a counter pick.

Pokemon Stadium Two

Rumble Falls

The Summit

New Pork City

Temple

Great Ocean

Big Blue

Wario Ware

Distant Planet

Possibly Norfair
IMO norfair should be a ban for teams only due to the lava killing everyone but one person

Percon

Smash Lord
I wouldn't put Delphino Plaza as neutral. Definitely counterpick, though.

Lylat Cruise should be neutral. Also, no PS because of walls.

Maybe remake DL64 for counterpick and mayyyyybe halberd.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Um, probably at my house or a LoVo's house, so either near Colfax and Havana, or Centennial near Grandview High School (I'm assuming you live in Colorado...)

Oh yeah, keep in mind we only have one copy of Brawl, so singles tournaments are very long. A lot of watching!

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Isn't the only real stage Hazard on Great Ocean the Firing of those canons? They dont' really deal all to much damage either. I saw a DeDeDe get hit by one trying to recover while he had decently high damage, and it didn't kill him. He got back to the ship fine. It should be counterpickable.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Isn't the only real stage Hazard on Great Ocean the Firing of those canons? They dont' really deal all to much damage either. I saw a DeDeDe get hit by one trying to recover while he had decently high damage, and it didn't kill him. He got back to the ship fine. It should be counterpickable.
I think the cannons can be very disruptive. Maybe because I never had the chance to play this stage in a one versus one. But yeah, maybe you're right. And the guy above you... no Shadow Moses isn't neutral. I can't explain why, but I'm absolutely sure.

FilibusterRhymes

Smash Cadet
Definitely not Shadow Moses Island because of the walls.

I've not played, but does Orpheon have anything dangerous besides shifting?

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
random IS balanced. if everything can be predicted then someone can get th unfair advantage.
No... The very essence of Random makes things unbalanced... If everything as a chance to be predicted, then everyone has an equal shot at it. Especially if it's a skill and practice makes you better at it.

No matter how good you are, if a bobomb spawns in the middle of your forward smash, you are blown.

methinkso

Smash Apprentice
How can you consider Pokemon Stadium 1 to be neutral, yet consider Delfino Plaza to be too random to be a neutral stage? PS changes terrain just like Delfino Plaza and none of places DP lands at even have walls afaik (unlike PS, with the tree on the fire stage).

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
How can you consider Pokemon Stadium 1 to be neutral, yet consider Delfino Plaza to be too random to be a neutral stage? PS changes terrain just like Delfino Plaza and none of places DP lands at even have walls afaik (unlike PS, with the tree on the fire stage).
You forgot that Delphino has Walkoff edges at times. Though personally I think standing off screen and throwing someone who comes near off for a low% kill subtracts from the fun...

Top Bottom