• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random crap.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I honestly don't know why I'm making this thread.

Grab more, Wolf's Dthrow tech chase is awesome, it's a BIG thing going for Wolf. Like, seriously, freakin' grab more. Make use of that Dthrow tech chase.

Jab more - It's practically safe on block due to the amount of mixups you can do after a jab. And if you complete the jab combo, it does 3 separate moves, so it helps keep your moves fresher, which makes it so that your damage per move goes up. That is a good thing.

For all of those people who use the C-stick to do their aerials, know this: The C-stick moves you ever so slightly in the direction that you pushed the C-stick in. If you would like to test this, go to FD with Wolf, go to the edge, and only input X and C-stick left or right. If you do it about a hundred times, Wolf will be at the center of FD. With the only motion input being the C-stick. So keep this in mind for spacing, or when spamming aerials with the C-stick.

Bair to Boost Smash at certain percents is most likely a combo.

Dsmash can be punished ^_^

Regular landing lag and the landing lag after an airdodge are the same. If you empty jump towards an opponent, or you SH air dodge towards an opponent, it's a free grab.

The cake is a lie

Discuss.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
I agree completely. Except I use the control stick instead of X and Y so I can do stuff.

And by B-air into U-smash do you mean B-air into sliding Up-Smash or just a normal Up-smash?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I honestly don't know why I'm making this thread.

Grab more, Wolf's Dthrow tech chase is awesome, it's a BIG thing going for Wolf. Like, seriously, freakin' grab more. Make use of that Dthrow tech chase.
Heh, I already stressed that 2 month ago or something... Remember at the WBR Report?

Bair to Usmash at certain percents is most likely a combo.
You mean DACUS right? Castor showed that on a vid and it seems to be guaranteed.

Dsmash can be punished ^_^
Everything can be puished :bee:

Ftilt is pure **** if used at max range. Retreating AC fair -> ftilt = teh secks Also fsmash out of a spotdodge is epic stuff, if something is safe on block just spotdodge it instead of shielding it.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Usually things are still safe on spotdodge, retreating Fair, Bair, blaster, and jab. Oh by the way, Jab counters spotdodge, just hold A while they're spotdodging and they'll get hit.

And I meant Dsmash is punishable on block. Anything is punishable by prediction, but others are punishable by simply blocking the move. Hit a shield with Dsmash against a good portion of the cast and you're going to get punished. And against spotdodge you're screwed ^_^

Point being: Dsmash isn't safe. And the four moves that Wolf has that are a safe are safe on block and spotdodge.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Of course dsmash isn't completely safe, but it's good enough... At least, when compared to wolf's other smashes >.>

While we're on the subject of random crap, I said this somewhere else (forgot where) so I'll repeat it here. Reverse your momentum with blaster when you are sent off stage so that you turn around and end up flying towards the stage at a ridiculous speed. This will save you from death for another 10% or so, AND because you turn around you can bair people coming out to edgeguard you. So basically, it guarantees that you're coming back.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
I will add to the randomness.

I advise minimal usage of n-air. It only staggers the opponent on the very first hit. The remaining hits only do 1% damage and don't stagger. In fact, some of n-air's hits don't even do damage.

I think f-air or b-air would be a better replacement.

:034:

Smash Hero
Go off-stage, shine to interrupt an up-b recovery, nair or stagespike bair.

I've only done it on CPU's though. >_> But still, it looks awesome.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Dthrow will only floor the enemy and setup a tech chase at moderate percents. It seems to vary by character weight.

MK: Dthrow tech chase starts at 53%
Falco: 54%
Sheik: 55%
DDD: 64%

The most reliable options seem to be regrab, DACUS and Fsmash. If they don't tech the Dthrow, it sets up a more linear tech chase anyway or an edgeguard situation depending on their percent and proximity to the edge. If they tech the Dthrow in place you get a free regrab or jab. A simple Dthrow to DACUS is 30+ damage. Takes great reflexes to abuse Wolf's tech chase, but he seems to have good tools for covering their options.

Top Bottom