• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random Alaska Melee Tournament

Che_Lab

Smash Lord

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
f the hater, I've seen way worse from way more populated states. places where they dont live in igloos.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
@ everyone but herp durp: thanks for the positive feedback >.> i was feeling kind of down for winning a tournament after durrrs comment

i mean yea... we totally have as much potential as someone in socal. You know, abundance of players, thriving community, relentless activity.... yea... alaska totally has all that >_>

w/e tho. haters gotta hate

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
good **** Che Lab...whatever happened to Lunaris.
he doesn't really play anymore, unless me or funk asks him to, i think hes moving to japan sometime soon.

and thx. I might be having a mm with him/funkmaster sometime soon, ill try to get it recorded (preferably with lunaris)

hubble

Smash Ace
Way to keep your community going man :D

Let me tell you ~6-10 months ago our local community was incredibly inactive, but through everyone working together and hyping melee up we've got a very very active community now. Reach out, teach people, find old players that used to play, and have fun.

Bringing melee back one post at a time.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i felt like i was watching fc3 videos again. tech skill and some tactics aren't even close to developed as they are in the populated areas now but... you are both very smart players which is what makes a match interesting to watch, IMO. keep repping melee, keep repping alaska, keep esporting for the love of the community ;)

alaska is oklahoma approved, for what that's worth.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
thx hazygoose. it seems like a lost cause to better myself at melee, since im probably the only one even remotely interested up here. not to mention lack of activity has probably deteriorated any higher skill i might of had

anyways if you guys want to see an old alaska combo video used to get people to house us for oc3/fcd here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8lO9ICosJ4 too bad music got taken down =/

Myztek

Smash Ace
Yeahuz! This is a surprising thread to run across.

I'm going to be visiting Alaska this summer (my gf is from there). I haven't watched the matches yet cause I'm currently in class, but I'm glad to see there are some players up there!

(I may end up moving there at some point o:)

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Yeahuz! This is a surprising thread to run across.

I'm going to be visiting Alaska this summer (my gf is from there). I haven't watched the matches yet cause I'm currently in class, but I'm glad to see there are some players up there!

(I may end up moving there at some point o:)
haha that would be amazing. ive only played 1 oos smasher before, so this will be exciting. you can definitely play with us as much as we can arrange for the time you're up here. we mostly play melee, but a few others get their brawl on too.

Myztek

Smash Ace
haha that would be amazing. ive only played 1 oos smasher before, so this will be exciting. you can definitely play with us as much as we can arrange for the time you're up here. we mostly play melee, but a few others get their brawl on too.
Fortunately I hate Brawl. :p

I watched the matches. You guys aren't too bad. I don't know why the earlier posters were ragging on you guys so hard.

Good stuff - sure it's no Dashizwiz or Mew2King style play, but c'mon. haha.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Che_Lab, I've only watched half the first match but to get sheik at 0%/low% with a uthrow -> uair I do a shuair instead of a full hop. I dunno if that first full hop uair was a mistake or just something you always do, but I figured I'd post about it anyway for those who don't know and see this thread.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
thanks for taking all the credit caleb, the fact that i held ranbats, recorded said matches, and put all the livestream together, motivated others to get playing, recruited new players and that kira did all the major tournaments up here, and me and MattS supplying half the TVs, consoles, and all other equipment, totally didnt help the community at all >.> AT ALL

in anycase, alaska can only do so much to keep our community alive due to our low population we have a total of about 10 active smashers INCLUDING the brawl players... next major tournament we have, im thinking of flying some of yalls up here just to get that breath of fresh air... what do other states think?

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Che_Lab, I've only watched half the first match but to get sheik at 0%/low% with a uthrow -> uair I do a shuair instead of a full hop. I dunno if that first full hop uair was a mistake or just something you always do, but I figured I'd post about it anyway for those who don't know and see this thread.
its not. at the ending of the 2nd video i started a 0-death with sh uair on sheik at 0%.

tournaments dont happen much up here, i think we both had some anxiety

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
thanks for taking all the credit caleb, the fact that i held ranbats, recorded said matches, and put all the livestream together, motivated others to get playing, recruited new players and that kira did all the major tournaments up here, and me and MattS supplying half the TVs, consoles, and all other equipment, totally didnt help the community at all >.> AT ALL
Says the person that gets at least one member of the community to rage quit every month of the year. Che_Lab doesn't cause drama at least, and with his longetivity I think he's been better for the community personally. Plus he can actually represent us, since he's, you know, actually good at the game?

Top Bottom