• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ramen noodles.

ammie

Smash Cadet
Ha Ramen!! I heart Ramen!
I can't think of a flavor I don't like at all, though I love seafood best. I like they put lots of seaweed and shrimps in it. And bamboo shots!!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Good ol' classic ramen for a humans soul is better than chicken noodle. It's kind of too bad that they now got instant ramen.

HeroDjango

Smash Rookie
when you make your ramen, do you add anything to it?
Or prepare it in a cool way?

I personally like to cook my noodles so they're sticky with no broth and add butter and soy sauce.
It's so effin good, true story.

Also, you can discuss your favorite flavor.
Honestly no, it never occured to me to prepare my ramen in any special way... Butter and soy sauce? I'm really gonna have to try that soon.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Ramen tastes good but I always feel sick after I eat it. Like sort of foggy and my heart beats funny and I get a headache and a stomach ache. Maybe theres just something in it that my body doesn't like.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I don't call it Instant Ramen, I just call it Instant noodles, because there's too big of a differnce.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I've lived on my own since last August, don't earn that much money, and ramen noodles have saved my stomach more times than I can count.

Cheap, and actually quite good if you put time into cooking them.

Hanamaru

Smash Rookie
Agh, wish I wasn't so allergic to international food :c A lot of the packages I've read are pretty accurate, but sometimes food from different places doesn't mention all of the contact with tree nuts and sunflower (soba and udon noodles). It's pretty much an epic fail when I travel, since I have to be so careful. But since I grew into the allergy I did get to experience a time where I could eat Korean, Thai, Filipino, Chinese, and Japanese food with no problem. Miss those days...But Maruchan is okay for a quick meal.

Something new to try:

Vegetable stock + nori (toasted/dry seaweed) + short grain rice. Pour sushi rice in a bowl. Break up nori into tiny pieces and sparingly cover the rice. Add enough hot vegetable stock to cover rice/nori mixture and enjoy. Yes, it's different, but simple and delicious if you have leftovers to throw together and don't know how to prepare it.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I'm gonna feel like a scrub for asking but where can i get "real" ramen? Any japanese place? I been living the Maruchan lie for like 8 years..

Hanamaru

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna feel like a scrub for asking but where can i get "real" ramen? Any japanese place? I been living the Maruchan lie for like 8 years..
Go to any Asian store and you can find some :D Sometimes soba and udon noodles come in a plastic-covered package (they are soft--not like spaghetti noodles)--at least this has been my experience.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Put it in a bowl full of water, microwave for 3 and a half minutes, dump all but a little of the water out, add flavor and butter.

Chicken flavor only, everything else is meh tier.

It's pretty much the perfect "God damn it, I have no money, no time, and homework I need to do" meal.

Aka college.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So how are Ramen Noodles? I was considering buying some and I'd like to know if they're worth buying and what flavor that doesn't have spice in them (I know some come with spice and I don't handle spicy very well :/)

Finny

Smash Apprentice
I love Ramen noodles, they're so easy/quick to prepare. And cheap. Definitely will become my meal du jour when I get to college.

And I was coincidentally eating Ramen noodles when I came across this thread :p

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
The other day I made the dankest ramen noodles ever.

First I fried some bacon up in a pan, then set it aside, keeping the grease in the pan. I cooked some ramen as instructed on the bag, but with no flavor packet. After those were done I strained them and threw them into the frying pan with the bacon grease, and poured some soy sauce on that.

While the noodles fried, I scrambled an egg in a bowl. Then I added some salt, pepper, and crushed red peppers to the noodles, stirred them up, pushed them over to one side of the pan, and then poured the egg into the empty half of the pan. After those were cooked, I mixed them up with the noodles, crumpled the bacon and threw that in too, and then added a bit more soy sauce before finally scooping it into a plate and mow-chowing it.

Sooooo good.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
The other day I made the dankest ramen noodles ever.

First I fried some bacon up in a pan, then set it aside, keeping the grease in the pan. I cooked some ramen as instructed on the bag, but with no flavor packet. After those were done I strained them and threw them into the frying pan with the bacon grease, and poured some soy sauce on that.

While the noodles fried, I scrambled an egg in a bowl. Then I added some salt, pepper, and crushed red peppers to the noodles, stirred them up, pushed them over to one side of the pan, and then poured the egg into the empty half of the pan. After those were cooked, I mixed them up with the noodles, crumpled the bacon and threw that in too, and then added a bit more soy sauce before finally scooping it into a plate and mow-chowing it.

Sooooo good.
Oh jesus dude, what have you done? That sounds so amazing.

Staz

Smash Lord
I think turkey flavor is the best. I don't know about you guys, but when I have too much, I get sick of it, for some reason I get sick of ramen really easy.

FIREL

Smash Ace
Man, i just found mini cheese saugages and i'm in LOVE with them. Now i can have them in my Ramen just like what i had in Hong Kong.

Big_R

Smash Champion
my fav was always kung fu noodles with lettuce chicken and a boiled egg. add some sriracha and that'd be heaven

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Ramen
Egg
Garlic
Grape Tomatoes
Onions
Bacon
Provolone
Jalapeno Poppers
Hot Sauce
Salt

And that's really all you need to make legitimate ramen.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i still have yet to try like... real legit ramen. i live in daly city lol

i can probably find a good one with ease

grahhhhhh

Top Bottom