• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rainbow Road

susu_atari

Smash Ace
In melee, most games got 2 stages. If this continues in brawl, who'd like to see an unlockable Rainbow Road stage from Mario Kart? Something similar to Big Blue, maybe, but with a Mario Kart theme?

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
In melee, most games got 2 stages. If this continues in brawl, who'd like to see an unlockable Rainbow Road stage from Mario Kart? Something similar to Big Blue, maybe, but with a Mario Kart theme?
So you would stand and fight on the Mario characters? :ohwell:

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Mute City already got split between Mario Circuit and Delfino Plaza. Let F-Zero have atleast one interesting stage >.< Personally I *guess* Mario Circuit can work, but I really would rather the "Big Blue" idea either as a returning stage from Melee to Brawl (like Dreamland64 returned in Melee), or remade but still keeping with the F-Zero theme.

I think that the whole "2 stage" thing should keep more geared toward more "proper" game stages if you know what I mean. For lack of a better example, would you really want 2 Mario Tennis stages in Brawl or something? I don't think those sort of "spin-off" games need more than 1 stage to be represented, as there isn't really a character STRONGLY tied into them, but rather a mixture.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
That would be awesome, but if they're sticking with the whole two stages thing, I would imagine Mario Circuit is, well, Mario's

Mr_Hero

Smash Apprentice
There already is a Rainbow Road stage in Melee...but it's not from Mario Kart. It's "Rainbow Cruise" - from Mario 64, but in Mario 64 it was called Rainbow Road. I think...no, sorry it's called Rainbow Ride

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Mario Kart is one of Nintendo's best games. I think it deserves two stages. More than Pokemon, certainly.
And there's a world of difference between the Rainbow Ride and the Rainbow Road.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Mario Kart is one of Nintendo's best games. I think it deserves two stages. More than Pokemon, certainly.
And there's a world of difference between the Rainbow Ride and the Rainbow Road.
Ya but Pokemon is a represented series in this. The people in Mario Kart will just go under the mario series for sure.

hydrokyogre

Smash Apprentice
It would be a great level, but I don't think Sakurai would make it with Mario Kart and Delfino already up...

Azelf

Smash Cadet
Are you really going to attempt to make a strong argument that Mario Kart was a better game than Pokemon and deserves more stages because of it? Because I'm well up to the challenge of debating that topic. ;)

monty06

Smash Ace
i love rainbow road i think i would be a awesome stage it doesnt matter if there are to many mario themed stages the more stages the better

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Well they had Rainbow Cruise. Meh, why not a Rainbow Road. I know I'm all for this idea.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Well they had Rainbow Cruise. Meh, why not a Rainbow Road. I know I'm all for this idea.
They're from two completely different games with the only similarity being the Mario characters (One you drive race cars, the other you stomp turtles).. but like i said before it is still part of the Mario Franchise meaning it wouldn't count most likely as 2 stages from mario kart, but 2 more stages from Mario.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I know I know, I'm just saying bro. In addition, seeing how Rainbow Road has been on every single Mario Kart game ever made (and even on F-Zero X for those of you who played it), I think this stage is a definite add on. It's just gotta be!

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
When the Mario Kart stage was first (briefly) shown, I was like:

"Dude, why don't they use Rainbow Road, it's far more identifiable with Mario Kart then the generic stages".

I think what would be cool for Rainbow Road would be if you were on a main platform being carried on top of a bunch of Karts with other platforms flying in here and there carried by Latiku (who could also throw items and be seen flying in the background dropping Kart racers back onto the track).

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Nice to see so much support for my idea!
I thought that, Rainbow Road could, perhaps, just be a platform that follows the track, either from the front or the side, and only changes a little. The Mute City and Big Blue stages were fun, but I always thought they were a bit... messy.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Nice to see so much support for my idea!
I thought that, Rainbow Road could, perhaps, just be a platform that follows the track, either from the front or the side, and only changes a little. The Mute City and Big Blue stages were fun, but I always thought they were a bit... messy.
Messy? In many ways that kinda shows the big difference between F-Zero and Mario Kart. The world of Kart is clean (except for, you know, firing bombs, bananas and shells at each other), while F-Zero is a bit rough around the edges.

walkskyluker115

Smash Apprentice
It's an awesome idea, but they'd have to make it better than the previous moving levels like f-zero, i never really liked that level. Rainbow road has a lot of potential, if it's even considered by the designers.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Oh, come on, I'm sure it's got a good chance. Considering how many Mario Kart games there have been, it would only be fair if it got 2 stages.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Taht would be hella fun. Interesting to see how that'd work out though...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I doubt Rainbow Road would make it as a stage, but I hope the Rainbow Road song from the original Mario Kart makes it into My Music. It's good stuff.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
i would love to see rainbow road as a stage. of course i think the epileptics of the world would hate it. THEYD NEVER FINISH A MATCH!!!!

as for everyone saying the mario circuit is already a stage, it hasnt been confirmed. in fact if you really pay attention it just looks like a small portion of one of the stages in subspace emissary. maybe even an event stage. i think they would have confirmed it by now since we've known about it since the second video.

NjHudz

Smash Apprentice
In some place between Hyrule and Mushroom Kingdom
i would love to see rainbow road as a stage. of course i think the epileptics of the world would hate it. THEYD NEVER FINISH A MATCH!!!!

as for everyone saying the mario circuit is already a stage, it hasnt been confirmed. in fact if you really pay attention it just looks like a small portion of one of the stages in subspace emissary. maybe even an event stage. i think they would have confirmed it by now since we've known about it since the second video.
true.......

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman

ummm.....ok so now that mario circiut has been confirmed....
I RETRACT MY STATEMENT! O_O;
*feels like an @$$

Top Bottom