• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rain on my Valentines

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Link to original post: [drupal=1113]Rain on my Valentines[/drupal]

Being in a region that is GMT 10+ means that unlike most people reading this, it is February 14th for me right now. What a day for it too, Valentines day I mean. Not a patch of blue exists above my town, only an all encompassing grey, beating down on us with rain, as if to say, ‘Today will not be a happy day for you’.

It is right, in a way. I planned on going out to the movies to watch Gran Torino and then to an internet gaming lounge to download youtube videos for a certain project I’m working on. Not the most romantic way to spend today (especially the later) but at least I wasn’t going to stay at home a mope around.

Instead I’m confined to my home, my only access to the outside world being the soulless, masked face of the internet. 18 Valentines days, and I still don’t seem to have that thing which is celebrated today. It’s not as though I haven’t tried, I’ve asked out girls in the past, in fact, I’ve had girls interested come to me, but nothing seemed to click the way I wanted it to.

If it clears up, if the heavens decide to cast their light in my direction, I may still go out. It’s likely, however, that I’ll spend the rest of the day on smashboards, talking to friends on MSN, and watching the rest of a 90’s Anime called ‘To Heart’.

It’s not the worst fate. I shouldn’t, or rather, am not so ignorant as to believe that my situation is at all bad. Compared to many people around the world, I’m leading an extraordinarily lucky life. I’m heading to Uni soon, which will open a whole new world to me, orientation starts on Tuesday and I can hardly wait. So what if it rains on my Valentines day? I’ve got all of tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that.

I really hope this rain clears up. I have the sudden urge to play DDR as well.
Happy Valentines day everyone!

justaway12

Smash Master
Yeah Happy valentines day I love weather like that altough in england the sun came out (I don't like it when the sun come out) lucky you :( I love grey/rainy days. Why do people hate them?.

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm actually with you, justaway. Something about days on which the sky is gray is beautiful. Especially if the weather is cool. Not warm, not hot, not cold, cool. Like, 50 degrees Fahrenheit with a light breeze is my favorite temperature.

...But enough of that. I'm not going to be out tomorrow for sure, so I know how you feel. Valentine's Day is one of those days where it's really happy if you've got a boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse, but if you don't it just feels kind of depressing. Once I got out of Elementary School and I stopped getting free candy on Valentine's Day, I stopped caring for it (since I've never been in a relationship on a Valentine's Day).

Happy Valentine's Day, Vyse. I hope you have a great day, whether or not you go out.

mzink*

Smash Ace
I like rainy days when its not ALL THE TIME. Like I like how in Florida, it will be sunny and then all of the sudden you'll get a big thundering downpour like craziness. That I really like, and I like thunder and lightening. But over here in england, its like grey and drizzly a whole lot, so it really starts to be a drain on you. I miss florida a lot.

Anyway, sorry about your not so good V - day luck, I hope it improves for you in the future :)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Hmm. Even with all the cloud cover, and the now light drizzle coming down, the sun is still shining through it all.

Maybe I will go out today : D

EDIT:
Only, now I have to babysit my brother :(

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
The Greatest Love of All?

The love of ones self.

Even if you don't have a Valentine, it doesn't mean you can't have a good time.

Just thought I'd pass that one out there.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The Greatest Love of All?

The love of ones self.

Even if you don't have a Valentine, it doesn't mean you can't have a good time.

Just thought I'd pass that one out there.
...Yeah, I don't really love myself at all, so that could be a problem.

:laugh:

And 2J94, great avatar. :D

Top Bottom