• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raidens Assist?

=Snake=

Smash Cadet
If you notice the bright figure within the assist trophy you can make out a human shape. After dimming down the brightness you can start to make out detail.

Notice the wide stance and arched posture...

His head seems to indicate a reflective surface...

A helmet would seem logical.

This is only an observation, and I'm aware not all the details would immediately suggest this little guy is Raiden.

..But there is undoubtedly a fighter inside.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Maybe that's just the trophy case, just like you don't know the pokemon in a pokeball no matter how hard you look at it.
Also why would they use a design from an unreleased game and not his classic design?

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
Oh, sorry, pressed post on accident

I thought that was just a typical human figure. But you are right, it does look like this Raiden character, hah

=Snake=

Smash Cadet
If you look at any other picture of the Trophy assist item it's clear there is no character inside. I'm not implying that there's a way of knowing who will come out of the AT. With that being said, it's obvious that for whatever reason this particular photo of an assist contains a character within, maybe it's Sakurai's way of hiding an assist, maybe it's simply a place marker. Also, to keep you up to date NeoZ, Metal Gear Gekko appears on Shadow Moses and the song which Snake's update included is called 'MGS4 Love Theme'.
Apparently using MGS4 Raiden wouldn't be the only plug for the upcoming Metal Gear.

=Snake=

Smash Cadet
So far nothing conclusive, to be honest Grey Fox is enough in my opinion. But, I had heard a rumor of Raiden making an appearance and noticed the trophy item on DOJO had a familiar stance..

But this isn't typed in blood... and if Raiden doesn't make the cut in any way, I won't lose sleep. Just something to ponder.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
What are you talking about? Only Rex and Ray appear on Shadow Moses, Gekko(it's not even a Metal Gear) is from MGS4.

=Snake=

Smash Cadet
"Oh, and occasionally a Metal Gear will appear from the background.

Metal Gear REX!

Metal Gear RAY!

Apparently one other kind appears, too. It’s supposedly a slightly newer model."

Unless they're speaking of Arsenal Gear (which is roughly the size of a football field), then Metal Gear Gekko is the only newer model of Metal Gear. And yes, Gekko is a Metal Gear.

Like I mentioned before, there is already more than one reference to MGS4 on Dojo..

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Its' not, Metal Gear=bipedal nuclear tank, Rex=MG, Ray=anti-MG, Gekko=crap that roars and smashes watermelon boxes.

=Snake=

Smash Cadet
Mass-produced unmanned bipedal units manufactured by ArmsTech Corporation Gear Solid 4... If not Gekko, than perhaps the mystery metal gear seen in the 2007 Tokyo Game Show trailer. Either way, a new version of Metal Gear appears on Shadow Moses that is from MGS4. Meaning, again, Raiden's appearance wouldn't shake the pillars of Hell (Jack Burton).

On a separate note, Snake's final smash looks pretty kill. I'm pleased I won't have to worry much about missing my opponent with a single strike.

Not to mention that Greek god ***...

SolidSnake27

Smash Cadet
Way to go NeoZ!

I'm one of the biggest MGS fans around. I own 15 games and several players guides and posters.

I'm glad someone knows that the Gekkous are not actual MGs! However, they are still called MGs.... mainly because that's what they look like and calling them anything else would be confusing and pointless.

However, I must say that there's no reason NOT to use the newer model. It IS likely that ther other MG that Sakurai speaks of is the Gekkou. Besides, one could argue that the Snake we're playing as does not exist. Brawl is a clash of NINTENDO characters, and Snake never appeared on Nintendo as he does in Brawl. It's a newer model than a game that exists, you could say.

However (again), in the reports I've seen of the Raiden AT, they talk about his 'white' hair. This disproves the claim that they're confusing it with Gray Fox and the idea that it is MGS4 Raiden that appears in the game.

=Snake=

Smash Cadet
I never said they were in the same realm of REX or RAY, and Kojima has made it clear that Gekko was not to be confused with it's titular Metal Gear counterparts, but more or less should be looked at as if it were a jeep or tank. But like SolidSnake27 said, they can still be classified as Metal Gear. Like RAY was to Arsenal, Gekkous are to infantry and skirmish teams. Also, makes a good point that Snake in brawl takes on no particular image or falls into any certain time frame. So one could say the possibilities are endless?

and where did you hear that Raiden would be an AT? If it's true I would be sort of glad it's his original outfit, it seems fitting seeing as Snake wears his 'tanker' uniform.

If you think about it though, you can see Raiden's hair even with that helmet he wears, and it's possible the exoskeleton would lead some people to believe it's Gray Fox. I'd have to read this report you're talking about.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I never said they were in the same realm of REX or RAY, and Kojima has made it clear that Gekko was not to be confused with it's titular Metal Gear counterparts, but more or less should be looked at as if it were a jeep or tank. But like SolidSnake27 said, they can still be classified as Metal Gear. Like RAY was to Arsenal, Gekkous are to infantry and skirmish teams. Also, makes a good point that Snake in brawl takes on no particular image or falls into any certain time frame. So one could say the possibilities are endless?
You're right. The fact that RAY and that slightly newer model appears is a time paradox, even thoght the blueprints for RAY exist in that time frame.
Anyway, I don't think this means anything. Raiden cannot appear because he hasn't appeared on a Nintendo console. Then again, neither did RAY. They can't make Raiden a trophy unless they put the words, TOP SECRET like the Cloaking Device and the Motion Sensor Bomb in Melee.

Such deep and intellectual conversation is in this thread. Too bad it has to end.
* Uses Cipher to Fly out of the way*

NeoZ

Smash Ace
But Raiden can't do much if guns are not allowed, and if he used the sword it would be a GreyFox clone(he uses it in the same way), and now that we know Snake's FS is Raiden's granade launcher it would be ridiculous to have him use it.

=Snake=

Smash Cadet
Raiden appears, he's loyal to his summoner..
"It's my turn to protect you.."
He then handstands and begins slashing away at enemies with a sword being held in his foot.^_^
Raiden never had a reverse grip, but I think I know what you mean when you say that his appearance on stage and attacks would mimic Gray Fox. The animation would be somewhat similar. However, there's always the possibility instead of performing a sequence of rapid strikes, he could perform a single blow..
(pardon the crude 'raidenz 9ay' joke)

NeoZ

Smash Ace
It would still be weird not to use the original design, and a single blow would be a Lyn clone.
Raiden is like a next-gen GrayFox without the arm cannon, making his inclusion redundant.
Also, remember Rose?

=Snake=

Smash Cadet
How could I forget their touching codec conversations? I'm a big raiden fan, so don't blame me for Hideo's many homo erotic references in regards to Raiden. It's just part of the forth-wall humor.
And I was suggesting a blunt strike like the one used to put an end to Solidus and send him falling to his death, not a 'vanish and reappear' type move, he would always be seen and in full animation. And again, I also think it would be a bit weird to see Raiden in this MGS4 exoskeleton, personally I liked Raiden when he was more soldier than machine, but it's obvious Kojima is not afraid of turning brawl into a MGS paradox.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
OMG Time Paradox
But seriously maybe he could be like nintendogs+Gray Fox, slashing around while we have the Fission Mailed screen.

=Snake=

Smash Cadet
while GW messes with everyones minds making them question what is real.
"Turn off the console!, I need scissors!!61!!"

Top Bottom