• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RagnaRoK's Ultimate Roy Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Everyone Ragging on RagnaRoK's. (A.k.a. RoK) Guide, thats okay, It owns. I'll be updating it periodically so be sure to check, and one more thing! Twice as effectively now that I've actually began playing using the C-Stick for certain moves. >=] And good that people are telling all of you about my guide. ;D Marketing is Numero Uno!

Techno, Thanks for helping out with stuff man, cleaned upv ersion looks good, gonna post that up in a sec for the main one.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Did ever occur to you that this guide has not been stickied by a moderator yet? That's probably because it still needs huge amounts of help. The only thing keeping it on top are the bumps that come from criticizing posts like this one.

Roy-san

Smash Cadet
im not going to critize you because that would be pointless. I only suggest explaining certain things more clearly and knowing a "little" more about your character.

^_^

halu102

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh at your sig.

Anyways, I thought the guide was way too general and not specific enough to aid any NEO wannabe's. And though I'm not as familiar with Marth as I am with Roy, I believe Marth can KO faster than Roy. Besides, Marths KO potential isn't that great when the opponent is at higher percentages.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Announcing! I'll be updating this guide, giving it a whole new look later on today, so Expect to see it with some new stuff i've found, I'll also be adding a couple of my own creating movements. such as "RoK's Feint", and "KamiKaze Fakeout"

Captain James T. Kirk

Smash Rookie
Announcing! I'll be updating this guide, giving it a whole new look later on today, so Expect to see it with some new stuff i've found, I'll also be adding a couple of my own creating movements. such as "RoK's Feint", and "KamiKaze Fakeout"
KAAAAAAAHHHHHHNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'll believe it when I see it. I expect to see some drastic improvements.

Reese

Smash Journeyman
Counter - Good against Fox And Falco's recovery fire move, kicks ***. Gannon's warlock punch and others. This is a main part of my "Untouchable" Method I'm perfecting. But this can drastically keep the momentum in your favor and frustrate a foe. **Hint** times that you would normally shield, use counter instead.
No self-respecting Ganondorf would ever use warlock punch in a match. Much less against Roy of all charactors...
Countering will NOT make you 'untouchable'. People will just grab you, or they can wait for you to counter, then attack you.
Is this guide based on fighting comps? Because if it is your combos and ideas might work.

Dont try and defend your tactics when people start flaming you-it will make you look even a bigger idiot than you already are.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
yo Rok....you give a bad name to black smash players. We're supposed to be naturally good at this game or at least at trash talking. You suck at both...you will never be accepted into the black smash community this way...

technomancer

Smash Champion
Dash, JC grab, Forward Throw, Dash, Crouch Canceled down tilt, Forward Smash (C-stick).

Dash and grab, then forward throw. Thus once more, they won't hit the ground and you can strike. Soon as they are thrown, dash forward and smash down on the control stick to stop running, hold the position and hit A for your down tilt, it should send them airborne, they shouldn't be able to DI too far with such low damage, forward smash them to finish this. (There are other openers I use, if enough GOOD response is given and people like it, I will post more, same with other sections).
This doesn't work, you can't dash cancel that quickly.

Dash, Fair, Down Tilt, Nair, Forward Smash.

Dash at them, then Forward air stunning them just enough so that you can down tilt them, now, remember that the down tilt is jump cancellable if pulled at the right time. Move forward into a Nuetral air to connected. (***Note*** if damage is high this next piece won't work) Forward smash soon afterwards to connect, this is nice and is an eye opener. (Got BlueZaft with it once... though I ran outta room and couldn't forward smash... suicided and died... oh sad sad sad.)
Doesn't work against floaties and semi-floates, techable vs. fastfallers.

Contrary to popular opinion, Roy has a good Dair, you can use it in two ways, and this can spike in two ways. Bwahahaha.
If only it were true.

I'm pretty sure the spike listed will only spike people who miss their sweetspot but weren't going to make it on the stage anyway? Better to follow with DED FUF, the DED comes out a touch faster and is tough to escape.

RoK's Feint.

WaveDash Forward, Wave Dash Back, Wave Dash Forward, Roll forward.

This is just used to confuse the hell out of an opponent. Wave dash forward, more than likely he puts up a shield, so you wave dash back, then you wave dash forward, they're thinking they can counter attack since they possibly know whats coming, so you do the one thing a pro hardly does in melee and actually roll!. Do this and fit in a smash if you can, if not, repeat the process.
AKA RoK got grabbed! lol j/k this could be ok as a mindgame, but if you use it more than once or twice...?

I'm not gonna say this guide is terrible. Honestly, if you use all the stuff in this guide as a whole and as a gameplan, you'll do better than just being a SHFFL *****. You'll also:
Get grabbed alot
Trade places often when edgeguarding
Occaisionally SD

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
No self-respecting Ganondorf would ever use warlock punch in a match. Much less against Roy of all charactors...
Countering will NOT make you 'untouchable'. People will just grab you, or they can wait for you to counter, then attack you.
Is this guide based on fighting comps? Because if it is your combos and ideas might work.

Dont try and defend your tactics when people start flaming you-it will make you look even a bigger idiot than you already are.
don't worry my ganon gonna make em learn wats up. i'll beat em with using my warlock punch

Yo Reeses puff cereal, you must not know excatly what an example is.
lol u got a name for everybody

yo Rok....you give a bad name to black smash players. We're supposed to be naturally good at this game or at least at trash talking. You suck at both...you will never be accepted into the black smash community this way...
cmon bro us black smashers gotta stick together

RoK after playing u i picked up roy to try to help u out, so next time we play i'll beat yo *** with your own character, :chuckle: then u can try to update your guide again aight lol :laugh:

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
NJzFinest has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - RagnaRoK's Ultimate Roy Guide - in the Roy forum of Smash World Forums | SmashBoards.com.

This thread is located at:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=94901&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
This guide is good. I learned alot.

I got this from NJ's Finest yesterday at 8:12, he edited it at 8:36, otherwise he's trying to hang with people instead of saying honest opinions, I hate falsyfiers. And thats okay,I"ll just have to prove my **** since no one believes it, See ya'll when I see ya'll.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
RoK...I stead that as a joke. Then I was like..."**** this, it's obvious that I'm joking", so, I changed it. I mean, look at the first post I made in this guide:
ROFL, so this is the thread Lord Knight told me about.

RagnaRoKnTexas....hmmm, Join Date: Jan 2007..........gg
^aka, this thread is funny/your guide sucks

LMAO, you probably got mad excited when you saw "this guide is good". Sorry to let you down though....

So, yeah, like I said. The black smash community rejects you :(

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I believe it is safe to say at this point: Buzz's Young Link would rock RoK's Roy. Any objections?

Maybe I should create that Roy guide I was contemplating. No, I'd better just finish off my Young Link guide first. :chuckle:

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I believe it's safe to say that anyone can rock Rok's Roy. Yes, even my dog and my 8 year old sister.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
So much negatively aimed at that boy RoK. "We don't want you, The black smash community Rejects you", blah blah blah, If you want some come get some. Just because you're all too miniscule in skill to perform whats listed above, doesn't mean others can't pull it off. Then you're all too stupid to know most combos are situational, and it doesn't work on all characters, as I stated earlier, you want me to describe it to a point that a newborn fresh out a womb could understand it.
Next, it doesn't matter how good I would make this guide until you've actually seen me play, because I gurantee if Sethlon or Neo made a guide that sucked, you wouldn't question it simply because of the credibility their Roy's possess, so I'll just win a few wide scale tournaments and see what you got to say bout dem apples.

Reese

Smash Journeyman
Like you said, go and win some tourneys and prove you are good. Sethlon and Neo are proven themselves that they are good with Roy. You haven't. Based on your guide, and your responses to criticisms, everyone here has the impression that you suck.

Honestly, some people have spent their time analyzing and telling you whats wrong with your guide, and you ignore them. If you cant accept that your methods of playing Roy is inappropriate for a tournament, then you are a scrub.

Look on youtube for some pro Roy vids-and then you will see the difference between your playstyle and the playstyle of other Roys that go to tournaments.

Otherwise **** off and do us all a favor.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Yo Reeses pieces, You bout to piss a ***** off. I'm tryina not to diss anyone, but I'm bout to go ghetto on all you ma ****as, you don't like the Guide, Unsubscribe to it and go and make your own **** guide. No one plays the same, and what works for some don't work for all, everyone has shown this ****. Otherwise, Ken's playstyle would work for Husband, or BlueZaft style would work for anyone, fact is, everyone plays their own way and in that we find our individuality.
Fact is, no one plays as good in the style as the ***** that perfected the style and created it, this is my style and I've won with it, and by playing greater people, I further accelerate my style, tweaking what works and dropping what doesn't, or applying the **** in a different way. No one is great over night, and if you're so **** great why the hell are you reading a Roy guide if you ain't tournament playing with him?
"**** off and do us all a favor", How bout you do me a favor and go bug a ***** that gives a ****. This guide is intended to teach those that wants to learn "RagnaRoK's" Method of playing Roy,you don't like it, you think its insufficient, you think its a complete waste of space, time, typing and is some bull****, then you don't have to use it, you can advise others not to use it, but stillt he fact thats is how I play with Roy, and will continue to play with him.
So embrace my style or disgrace it, love it or hate it, its my style and mine alone, create your own guides and stay off my jock unless you wanna get ****ed. Good day to all of you, ENJOY SMASHING!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
the rest of us dont want him either lol
LMAO
So much negatively aimed at that boy RoK. "We don't want you, The black smash community Rejects you", blah blah blah, If you want some come get some. Just because you're all too miniscule in skill to perform whats listed above, doesn't mean others can't pull it off. Then you're all too stupid to know most combos are situational, and it doesn't work on all characters, as I stated earlier, you want me to describe it to a point that a newborn fresh out a womb could understand it.
??? All of your combos don't work, period. Go to a competitive tournament and try it out on good players. Stop playing with your 4 year old brother and lvl 9 computers lolz
Next, it doesn't matter how good I would make this guide until you've actually seen me play, because I gurantee if Sethlon or Neo made a guide that sucked, you wouldn't question it simply because of the credibility their Roy's possess, so I'll just win a few wide scale tournaments and see what you got to say bout dem apples.
Make a guide AFTER you prove that you even know how to play this game. Nobodies shouldn't randomly make guides...

lol, I love how bad RoK cries from all of the hate.

Reese

Smash Journeyman
I can't make a Roy guide - I dont know enough about Roy. I would never make a guide if I didn't know what I was talking about...

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
RoK, what tournaments have you been to? Care to link us to any tournament result threads? Don't talk trash until you can back it up. Everyone is a scrub until proven otherwise.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hey RagnaRoKnTexas ...You think you are the best Roy in texas correct? Ok then are you going to HOST2? I will challenge you to a $100 MM. Sethlon beat my samus with roy last tourny I went to with him..if he could beat me you should have no problem. Also I will start all the games with 3 lives not 4...I will kill myself once.

Do you accept?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Hey RagnaRoKnTexas ...You think you are the best Roy in texas correct? Ok then are you going to HOST2? I will challenge you to a $100 MM. Sethlon beat my samus with roy last tourny I went to with him..if he could beat me you should have no problem. Also I will start all the games with 3 lives not 4...I will kill myself once.

Do you accept?
I'd laugh so hard if this was a joke account created by Azen or someone else close to as good with Roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom