• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Radiant Dawn" - Ike Image Gallery (Updated 07/14/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
05/23/14 - Thread Created
05/27/14 - Added 3DS PotD
05/29/14 - Added WiiU PotD
06/06/14 - Added two PotD's WiiU

07/14/14 - Added up until now

Wii U

3DS

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Reserved for later use. Enjoy Ike fans, the Radiant Hero returns.

Morbi

Scavenger
He is; objectively speaking, the most beautiful newcomer. I am infatuated with his new design. He is everything I want, he is everything I need.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Ahh I had this thread all ready to go when the section was created, you are fast. :awesome:

He's got a great new look for Smash 4! Excited to play as him.

Neo Zero

Ahh I had this thread all ready to go when the section was created, you are fast. :awesome:

He's got a great new look for Smash 4! Excited to play as him.
Haha, I actually chose not to sleep, just refreshing all day. Made it out in word, and the second I saw it up, BOOM, I was there lol.

I actually liked his old look better in the FE games, but I'm kind of the opposite here in Smash. I do hope he (and Marth) retain their old costumes for alts though.

andimidna

Smash Master
I was hoping we'd get Radiant Dawn Ike, looks like Sakurai gives sympathy.

On an unrelated note: Am I the only one that sees a picture of Bowser next to Ike's name on his sub-forum?

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Haha, I actually chose not to sleep, just refreshing all day. Made it out in word, and the second I saw it up, BOOM, I was there lol.

I actually liked his old look better in the FE games, but I'm kind of the opposite here in Smash. I do hope he (and Marth) retain their old costumes for alts though.
I was refreshing for a long time today too lol, that's too funny. But I slept, so, you deserve it.

Neo Zero

I was hoping we'd get Radiant Dawn Ike, looks like Sakurai gives sympathy.

On an unrelated note: Am I the only one that sees a picture of Bowser next to Ike's name on his sub-forum?
They likely haven't made the Ike bubble yet, or just not put it in. Given the issues the Ike sub forum had, I can't say I'm surprised. The Ike general thread still hasn't made it here either I don't think.

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
Someone mentioned that he is portrayed shorter than in RD. I can kinda see it.

Keeshu

Smash Ace

When I saw this, I went "wait, this looks so familiar, who was it?"

Ah yes, Garen. Just call Aether Decisive strike, Great Aeather Judgement, and hope Ike gets a spinning move. :shiro:

I'm liking Ike, but it's weird seeing him with soo many muscles.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's hard to say really. I liked the more youthful look of the PoR Ike before, but did like the more "battle-ready" look in RD. Sakurai actually made me a really big fan of the RD look in general, because it looks nice, colorful and shiny.

Ike also looks like the manliest of all men, which is unsurprising.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I'm in love with Ike's new look in HD. He looks amazing and manly. I was never much of an Ike fan, but I now feel the need to invest more time into playing him.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Ike perfectly show shows off the amazing HD of the Wii U game. He looks so awesome and masculine. I really can't wait to see the rest of his movepool.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I kind of like the Path of Radiance look because it fits Ike as a young upstart youth. However, by the time of RD, I guess he has grown up a little bit.

I thought all along they were setting Ike up to marry Princess Elincia in PoR and surprised that never happened. In RD, it is clear that it will never happen. I love how he went to the north and disappeared (perhaps he stumbled into Smash that way :) ).

I would love to see Soren, Sothe, or Micaiah make smash but doubt they will.

Morbi

Scavenger
I can't wait to see more 3DS screenshots of Ike. Well, anyone for that matter, but particularly Ike!
I am honestly looking forward to the obligatory Ike pictures for Monday/Tuesday and perhaps Wednesday. Usually I dread them for most veterans as (there are) very minimal changes, but Ike is an exception. He is one of the better looking characters in HD.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

I am honestly looking forward to the obligatory Ike pictures for Monday/Tuesday and perhaps Wednesday. Usually I dread them for most veterans as very little changes, but Ike is an exception. He is one of the better looking characters in HD.
And it didn't happen. Here's hoping tonight we get some Ike filler (and a projectile!)

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225

SO MUCH FOR SWORD BEAMS I GUESS
At least Eruption looks somewhat better, now.

I like that Ragnell glows, like molten metal.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
He made it ding like an oven right before it becomes self-damaging. That's it. That's all the improvement Sakurai thought that one of Ike's most situational moves required. A character desperately in need of buffs, never above mediocre in Brawl, and this is what he shares in terms of gameplay improvements.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
He made it ding like an oven right before it becomes self-damaging. That's it. That's all the improvement Sakurai thought that one of Ike's most situational moves required. A character desperately in need of buffs, never above mediocre in Brawl, and this is what he shares in terms of gameplay improvements.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord

Well I think the faster gameplay as a whole is buff enough

Commander

Smash Ace
Then I'm glad you're not designing the game.

Anyway, we'll see. Moveset thread updated, obviously.
I think Sonicguy726 is a 10 year old. I realized this after my first interaction with him and have ignored him ever since. I suggest you do the same.

Neo Zero

Or you know, could help teach the kid.

Well we still have Side B unknown. Perhaps that was changed

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Or you know, could help teach the kid.

Well we still have Side B unknown. Perhaps that was changed
I hope not. It was a useful attack, and removing it means he'll have no horizontal recovery at all.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Glorious Radiant Hero of Legend master race. By the way, I could have sworn Ike's Ragnell turned blue in Robin's trailer.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Glorious Radiant Hero of Legend master race. By the way, I could have sworn Ike's Ragnell turned blue in Robin's trailer.
It did. It glows blue now instead of orange. I kind of preferred the orange, but a lot of people like the blue, so w/e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom