• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Racking Damage/Killing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pivot

Godfather
3DS FC
4742-5223-3550
Hi smashboards, i wanted to know this so i'll ask it:

Well, 1st off im really good at loading up damage on my opponent. But i end up getting them to like 110 damage and i just cant kill them. I usually just use a side smash (no charging) but that fails usually. It really ticks me off watching them fly happily spiraling through the air, not exploding. I love to dash kick them, then follow up with an Up smash while they're volunarable after my dash kick, then i get them higher in the air with a jump-a, and use an Up-B to finish them. This works, but the question is, can someone help me find out good stratagies to Rack damamge (im good at that, but still...) and to finish them off? (watching those pests fly away and actually explode instead of coming back (DI'ing is not what i mean, if they DI after i smack them, and they come back, thats different)

Thanks a bunch :)

~C0dE

(friend code is: 1892-1402-0212 and put me as "Code" please. Battle me whenever.)

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Do you stale MK's main K.O. moves? That might be the problem.

Pivot

Godfather
3DS FC
4742-5223-3550
Um, no...When i do K.O., i use side smash...and when they're high i Up-B (but that only K.O's them when they have likee 150 damage or so) and for sudden deaths, i shield and when they're volunarable, i use the tornado. Up smash if i think it fits the popose, and if i think it'll get them high, or if im lucky, kill them. Air-down-A when they're on the ground with around 140 damage or so. Up-air-a when they're volunarable in the air....and thats basically all of the killing moves i have...that i can think of at the moment that is....

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779

You kill with d-smash. It's like f-smash except a bit less knockback in exchange for next to no start up. It's a good deal!

N-air kills too.. works well offstage.

Glide attack can kill too, but it's more situational.

Don't forget gimping with d-air! MKs so good he doesn't always have to literally kill his opponents! :lick:

also

this belongs in the MK Q &A thread...

and

GHEY MK WELCOMES YOU TO THE MK BOARDS/1!!

Pivot

Godfather
3DS FC
4742-5223-3550
Lol, Thanks. I never use down smash...now i know to use it. Im fine with gimping though. Its fun how they have 0% and i gimp them. I usually hear "What a waste!" when i gimp them :D
Wait...whats N air? Im bad at this apreviation thing...U air is up air, F smash is folward smash...but N air?

TheMike

Smash Lord
Yeah. Gimps would probably be the best option. Dair + Nair off-stage = ****.
Dsmash, Up B, Fsmash and Glide Attack are other options.
As said before, Glide Attack is very situational, but it's still a good option.
Dsmash should not be stale.
Up B is great. It also works OoS(Out of Shield).
And if you miss Fsmash, you can use a Dsmash or any other attack for it having not much ending lag.

:]

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lol aww the op is mad newb. =3

nair means neutrual a. ( just press A while in the air )

Pivot

Godfather
3DS FC
4742-5223-3550
? Yeah, all i needed to know was what N air meant, and i found out. I know what Neutrual air means now, i knew that it meant pressing a while in the air, thats the move where you spin in the air. Sheesh, im not THAT much of a noob...all i did was ask a question(s)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom