• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. Vs. Falco Match Up Help

Darkspines22

Smash Cadet
I like to play as ROB alot, but I struggle with the Falco match up. My friend has a really good falco, and using his lasers and everything else, I can't find a way in easily.

Any suggestions/tips for this match up?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Powershiled and fair his recovery.
Don't camp. Walk and approach. Simple.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
That is just in it's simplest form. Fair lingers and beats his recovery, keeps him there for some time.
His jab and nair destroy Rob, stay away from them.
Only use lasers when his is offstage, it will be charged, fresh and ready to kill Falco really early.

Sometimes I mindgame my glidetoss game. I GT upwards to bait his shine and then grab out of my slide. Works surprisingly often.

Oh and you won't be gimped ever, Falco won't come offstage and your uair beats anything he has from above.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
That is just in it's simplest form. Fair lingers and beats his recovery, keeps him there for some time.
Keeps him where for some time? And also, what?
His jab and nair destroy Rob, stay away from them.
Jab destroys spotdodge, nair will be SH'd, it can shield poke and lead to grab, jab, tilt, or smash (often u-tilt if falco is racking damage) so watch out
Only use lasers when his is offstage, it will be charged, fresh and ready to kill Falco really early.
Depends on whether or not falco is SHDLing. Laser can be angled so it doesnt reflect back, just make sure youre not eating lasers to get the hit
Sometimes I mindgame my glidetoss game. I GT upwards to bait his shine and then grab out of my slide. Works surprisingly often.
I GT down so the gyro isnt gone as long after. Also, you can GT to a few different things depending on the situation, not necessarily just grab. I usually GT to ftilt/fsmash if i baited the shine, just to get em off the stage.
Oh and you won't be gimped ever, Falco won't come offstage and your uair beats anything he has from above.
Ballsy falco can and will attempt dair spike and bair stagespike gimps, especially if you have the lead and are camping the ledge. If he does (and you want to challenge with it with uair), make sure you do the slow drop (joystick away from ledge) into uair and not the fastfall ledge drop (joystick down) into uair or else youll probably kill yourself.

This matchup is really gay and frustrating. If there is no LGL, plank the ledge if you have the lead. I actually plank it even if there is an LGL, just be aware of about how many ledgegrabs you have if you think the game might time out.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Here's a fun mindgame you can do against Falco's reflector. When your at GL range, try GL backwards toward falco. When he sees you approaching with your back facing him, most falco's will instinctively shield expecting a bair, then pivot while you have the GL momentum and grab him. Lol mindgames.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
erm, does GL = glide?
also, I believe you can dsmash out of falco's jab at low percents. like below 40%
I havent fully tested it, but ive noticed that I pull it off sometimes out of panic reflex lol.

Top Bottom