• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. New Final Smash!

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Reminds me of Galvatron's transformation. ROB was the second slowest character in brawl, making it hard to his with his FS. I vote upgrade, because he will no longer have to chase people down as much.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm...having a hard time seeing what he's doing. :laugh:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
It looks way cooler, But i'm not so sure about being better. It looks slightly more useful and effective than his old one considering you can't even move.

Booster

Smash Lord
I'm...having a hard time seeing what he's doing. :laugh:
He grew a cannon...an NES accessory and one of the worst peripherals of all time grew a cannon...and fired it at an enemy.

WHY COULDN'T THE ACTUAL ROB HAVE BEEN THIS AWESOME?!?! INSTEAD WE GET A BARELY FUNCTIONING BATTERY DRAINING HOG THAT LEAVES A ****STAIN ON THE OTHERWISE GLORIOUS NES!!!

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Its an upgrade from the previous one alright. And yet you wonder how Toon Link has to stick with the same Final Smash... Well, whatever that gives ROB more popularity.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Its an upgrade from the previous one alright. And yet you wonder how Toon Link has to stick with the same Final Smash... Well, whatever that gives ROB more popularity.
Eh Toon Link is understandable if most of the other clones and semi clones didn't get a change in Final Smash. Sheik now on the other hand.....

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
NEW FAVORITE FINAL SMASH! He turns into a flippin' CANNON! How cool is that?!?!?!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Was not expecting this.

Very, very glad that I was not, because it made seeing it just now that much sweeter. <3

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
I love ROB's new final smash, it looks awesome, and much stronger than his fs in Brawl.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
ROB Finale? :laugh:

This is definitely an upgrade. Much better than chasing opponents around.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
ROB Finale? :laugh:

This is definitely an upgrade. Much better than chasing opponents around.
I really enjoy his new final smash, I am certain it's an upgrade, too bad we will not see it in competitive play. Looking forward to getting that smash ball and ruining someone's win-streak.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've heard some people were assuming he became the Virtual Boy for this Final Smash. But I honestly don't see the resemblance.

AgentHX

Smash Cadet
NNID
HotShotHunter
Yes! I love ROB's new Galvatron mode! Granted, it's a generic giant laser final smash, but it's still way better than his old random vortex beam thing, if only because it looks way cooler.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Isn't an improvement worthy of hype?
It looks kinda cool I guess, but it's certainly not the hypest thing related to ROB in Smash. That would be the fact that he made it in 'cause ROB is awesome! Sakurai took a worthless NES accessory and turned it into a badass laser shooting robot warrior capable of rivalling the likes of Mario and Ganondorf.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm rather sad about it. I always thought ROB's final smash was one of the better ones. Maybe even a little OP, or that's what my friends told me. It does last a little while.

New one seems okay though I guess.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
I'm rather sad about it. I always thought ROB's final smash was one of the better ones. Maybe even a little OP, or that's what my friends told me. It does last a little while.

New one seems okay though I guess.
Yeah, I feel you. It wasn't the flashiest, but you had godmode for basically 20 seconds. Even if it didn't do anything incredible, freely moving around being invulnerable was pretty great.

"When all hits connect in a single character, this Final Smash can rack between 270% and 300%, making Diffusion Beam the most damaging Final Smash in Brawl."

Damn.

Bralef

Smash Cadet
I will say that the range of Diffusion Beam sucks compared to the other laser final smashes.

1FC0

Smash Lord
In the next smash they should combine his 2 Final Smashes so that he can chase opponents with this beam instead.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
I wonder, has anyone noticed that the four rays at the end of the laser actually suck people in?

Um... what on earth is he doing exactly?
ROB has absorbed the power of the smash ball, transformed his body into a laser cannon complete with his cable connected to his head, and then fires a devastating concentration of smash ball energy at his foe.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I actually think this new Final Smash sucks it does barely any damage and is really hard to hit compared with his old one. Also I like final Smashes where the Final Smash upgrades you and lets you move like his old one. This 1 looks cooler though.

Top Bottom