• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. Matchup Analysis #43 - Link

Cylent

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cylent.x
I feel like the MU against Link is really 50/50. (at least in my experience.)
You either try to out camp Link or you go in and don't let him hit you out of his space.
Link has good tools to keep ROB away and to zone him out.
The MU might be in Link's favor, but from what I've played it seems even.

Pluffington

Smash Rookie
My friend, ( MintyGuy700, You should check him out, pretty sick dude :p ) Mains Link, and i main R.O.B, I personally feel like Links neutral game is better, although R.O.B can use hit Gyro + Lazer combo pretty easily. Overall i'd say Link has a small advantage, but if played correctly R.O.B can win. That's just my opinion though.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
I had a friend who mained :rob:so I fought this MU quite a bit. Back then it was in Robs favor but now in Smash 4 it's probably only slightly or even now.

Rob can definitively out camp Link if done correctly. Rob also wins CQC considering d-tilt and f-tilt are pretty fast with decent range. Rob can combo Link pretty easily as well due to his weight.

Link however has a lot of tools to keep Rob out and can definitively win the zoning game if played correctly. Link can also juggle Rob considering his landing options are fairly limited.

As for offstage game Rob has the advantage but Link can still pull off some nasty edge guards if the Rob player isn't careful.

In all honestly thanks to Link's recovery being buffed from Brawl I'd say the MU is 50/50 now.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
It's not 50/50. ROB should be winning this matchup 60/40 or something close to that. You said it yourself; we outcamp him and we win in close quarters.

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
Like did rob get a buff? Lol or what I used to be able shrewd through rob, but now I can't. Yea rob has better projectiles and disk is amazing, I will admit that rob does have the advatage in this matchup

GooberGaming

Smash Apprentice
This match up is in R.O.B's favour.

R.O.B's projectiles are much faster then Links and he can out camp him when needed. I have also been using Gyro to block Link's projectiles on For Glory.

With Link's weight and sluggish movement, R.O.B can easily juggle Link when you manage to get through the wall of projectiles.

Edge guarding Link can be difficult. Going for a spike while Li uses his Up-B will fail majority of the time since you will be hit by it, so it's better to stay on the stage a edge guard with projectiles... Just to be safe.

Link has a advantage edge guarding R.O.B. Since you cannot air dodge while floating with R.O.B's Up-B. Prepare to be hit with Link's D-air when you try to recover low. Link's arrows use while your off-stage can really cause some issues if your trying to recover below the stage, so recovering high is the best option against Link.

Onoh

Smash Cadet
NNID
benclaremom
I feel ROB wins it but Link could put up a fight. Spacing is important and figuring out when to fire projectiles is difficult, but ROB's frame data and grab game allow him to punish Link easily and his aerial game allows for some edge-guarding as well. Using dtilts and nairs are good ways to approach and fire your projectiles often.

Top Bottom