• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. Matchup Analysis #38 - Donkey Kong

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
DK has an easier time than other characters of his size (Bowser, DeDeDe) because of his good run speed and good throw combos. He still has a bad time dealing with gyro, and we win pretty well. Probably 60:40 our favor, maybe 70:30 absolute best.

Once you get used to the armor on windkong it's not a big deal.

GooberGaming

Smash Apprentice
This match-up favors R.O.B.

:4rob: has an easier time chaining f-airs due to :4dk:'s large hit box and slowish aerials.

Aiming Gyro at :4dk: while he is off stage is very effective because his vertical recovery is not very good. Gimping :4dk: with projectiles is the safest route vs going off stage to use n-air or f-air because :4dk:'s up-b can out prioritize a lot of :4rob:'s aerials.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I've now got a bit of Dk experience under my belt, we trash this monkey. Nearly everything DK lives for gets beaten by gyro. It's really hard for him to deal with it at the ledge, he's super easy to gimp, and the dude can't grab us if we're holding a gyro. We can up b out of his throw combos at high percents. Even wind kong gets ruined by gyro, he just brings it towards him and then it hits him once he loses the super armor.

I don't have a lot to say because it's easy as that. Dude just can't deal with gyro, with customs and without.

Top Bottom