• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. - Instant Gyro Grab?

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
Hi everyone,

Watching a gameplay video, I came across a technique that I didn't know existed with R.O.B. (although I'm sure that R.O.B. mains will know what it is). It can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lvc945FJTs&t=3m19s

Does anyone happen to know what this technique is called so that I can learn more about it? I've just started picking up R.O.B., and the ability to grab your gyro immediately seems incredibly useful. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Hi everyone,

Watching a gameplay video, I came across a technique that I didn't know existed with R.O.B. (although I'm sure that R.O.B. mains will know what it is). It can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lvc945FJTs&t=3m19s

Does anyone happen to know what this technique is called so that I can learn more about it? I've just started picking up R.O.B., and the ability to grab your gyro immediately seems incredibly useful. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
What part of the video is it in?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Are you talking about just throwing the gyro down and regrabbing it? You can just jump cancel the through out of shield to do that.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
The timestamp is included in the url, it happens immediately after you click on the link.
My bad, it didn't work with my proxy.

What GwJ said, you just throw it down and then pick it up. You can pick it up with the A button, dash attack, aerial, or airdodge.

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
Are you talking about just throwing the gyro down and regrabbing it? You can just jump cancel the through out of shield to do that.
That's actually not quite what I mean. If you look, he doesn't actually have a gyro in his hand. He pulls out the gyro launcher and then the gyro is immediately on the ground, where I was under the impression that you had to fire it out in front of you and then run after it. 8BitMan isn't doing that in this video.

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
That's actually not quite what I mean. If you look, he doesn't actually have a gyro in his hand. He pulls out the gyro launcher and then the gyro is immediately on the ground, where I was under the impression that you had to fire it out in front of you and then run after it. 8BitMan isn't doing that in this video.
Sigh... never mind, I'm an idiot. The footage is kind of choppy, and I didn't notice that there was a gyro already on the ground that he regrabbed. Sorry people, got excited there for a minute :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom