• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R it tru, diddeh r hi tire?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Metaknight
Snake
King DDD
Mr G&W
Falco
ROB

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
DK
Diddy
Pikachu
IC
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zamus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Shiek

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokemon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Cptn. Falcon

BELOW DK???

ADHD

Smash Hero
The DK bro's are next to eachother. lol

and I think the reason why is because compared to DK diddy has a HARD time ko'ing :s

Idk, I thought DK has a real tough time in alot of matchups, and brawl has alot to do with matchups

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
I think it has something to do with tourney results, though someone said Diddy's were better and had more than DK.

IDK

Smash Lord
yeah most lists i've seen had DK above diddy. pretty much cause wut vyse said.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Either way, I pretty much agree with Diddy's placement. I've no qualms with where he is. When many people made their own tier lists, I always felt that Diddy was too low/beneath characters he shouldn't have been.

But this one looks just about right to me.

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
DK's = to diddy because he doest die, kills easily, and has a greta glide toss.

Diddy can bounce DK around and up to 200% and still die to any smash : (

and one thing you NEED to look out for agianst DK is that fact that he bounces when he trips so sometimes if your hands are too fast glide toss dsmash will whiff under him.

KC18

Smash Journeyman
i agree with diddy's placement, of course this isn't set in stone either. but i'd say it's pretty accurate, and people who have posted already pretty much explained why well. but i'm gonna say i feel diddy is deceptively strong for how fast he is and his combo ability.

BudaBoy

Smash Cadet
huh, i've never seen this list before. is it the tournament rankings list?
This is the first official tier list by SBR. It was released yesterday.

The reason DK is higher (other than the fact that he's a good character) is he's a good match-up for MK and Snake. Match-ups are a big part of determining tier placement especially against the more popular top-tier toons since they can be very difficult to deal with. One of the main reasons Marth didn't make top tier is probably because he's got a horrible MK match-up.

Anyways, I'm content with where Diddy landed. Feels just about right to me.

ADHD

Smash Hero
This is the first official tier list by SBR. It was released yesterday.

The reason DK is higher (other than the fact that he's a good character) is he's a good match-up for MK and Snake. Match-ups are a big part of determining tier placement especially against the more popular top-tier toons since they can be very difficult to deal with. One of the main reasons Marth didn't make top tier is probably because he's got a horrible MK match-up.

Anyways, I'm content with where Diddy landed. Feels just about right to me.
Lets think about this. Diddy's matchups are alot more positive than Dk's
Dk vs falco
dk vs dedede
dk vs ZSS
dk vs olimar

BudaBoy

Smash Cadet
Lets think about this. Diddy's matchups are alot more positive than Dk's
Dk vs falco
dk vs dedede
dk vs ZSS
dk vs olimar
Idk about falco. A good DK player shouldn't have an especially hard time with him over any other quick character, and falco's reflector will effortlessly gimp diddy's banana game. As for D3, yeah not a hot match-up for DK, but there's generally many more MK's and snakes at tourneys and they tend to be more of a hassle than D3.

As for ZSS and Olimar... not really the toons I worry about when selecting a main/counter char. Olimar has a great move set, but is prolly the most gimpable character in the game. Just make sure you watch out for the purple ones when edge hogging.

The general consensus on some of these match-ups may be completely different but thats my opinion.

Top Bottom