• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R> In-depth Arrow Blitz guide.

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
Heeeeey I'm cuteeeeeee!! that comment came from a girl.... r-right?
... Afk from the board to play Melee for a bit and this is what i find :o

In any case i find arrow looping nearly useless in a competive scene because while your working on looping that arrow, you have to be able to :

1. Defend yourself
2. Move around properly while looping
3. Accuracy
4. Loopn without losing control of hte arrows.

If you have to put all that together, unless your either Admiral or Undr, who have never seen true competive play before (I meant both of them), out of all the AT's, Arrow looping and all other At's related to arrow looping is useless and should be the very last thing to learn.

Granted i'll be honest, i still do it myself sometimes, but being in a No Brawl Local Community, it not unnatural to be able to do it. But even when i do use it, it at least once in a match, and i only do it HALF WAY, i find it too situational..... well im too lazy to shoot upwards too.

2. When i said RAIN of semi curved arrows i meant what you call "arrow spamming", but lets face it spamming sounds pretty lame and n00bish.
I got a few words to say to that.

Even though my community is a No Brawl zone, there still a PR for it, im 2nd in it, guess what? I spam about twice the normal amount of arrows needed in 1 game, as my community is all Snakes. Nothing but snakes.... really. Spam isn't noobish, that a utility. Don't hate it, use it.

Short from, dont waste time looping, just shoot another arrow, Looping = Next to useless if not completely useless. No matter how you see it, everyone knows about it, it not longer a mindgame, it more of a way to hinder your game.

Anything Rogue say, i'll just have to agreed, it useless, don't try it in competive play.

Edit: Now that i read the Full thread, im more curious why this isn't locked up yet, i mean, if rogue and azengal wants to continue arguing, they can do so via PM.

TsNmi

Smash Cadet
In any case i find arrow looping nearly useless in a competitive scene because while your working on looping that arrow, you have to be able to :

1. Defend yourself
2. Move around properly while looping
3. Accuracy
4. Loopin without losing control of the arrows.
I'm probably going to be called a noob for this but a way that I personally use looping as a defense/mindgame is; I shoot the arrow from a distance, hold shield, start looping, and they'll look as me as just a shielded target, obviously my shield will be moving slightly and as the arrow is looping downwards, I spotdodge, and if anything, at that point all they can do is a grabbing move and if they grab me it's more of my win because i can punish them when the arrow hits them if they don't grab me but they're in grabbing range I'll just shield grab and they'll get punished for that.

That whole get up is probably just going to be a stall if they stay away, but if they approach me then I'd say they're limited to what they can do. I would probably get ***** by Bowser's Right+B. And of course, doing all the time will be predictable.

cutter

Smash Champion
I find it funny how so many people are discrediting Rogue Pit when he is probably one of the very few people here that has played legitimate players that know what they're doing.

Sorry Arzengel, but US >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Colombia in terms of skillful players. Don't take it personally; it's the truth.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
arzengel i didnt callyou cute i called the fact that you and rogue were arguing cute and it was meant to be semi sarcastic haha, plus im a dude, you should know by now that theres no such thing as girls on the internet

rogue is decent but theres still no need to act all high and mighty haha, sage doesnt loop in intense matches because normally in intense matches the guy is constantly in his face there is no time, this is what i mean by knowing when to do it

we should prolly get sage in here to put in a few words to solve this debate, ive got unbelievable respect for that guy

TsNmi

Smash Cadet
we should prolly get sage in here to put in a few words to solve this debate, ive got unbelievable respect for that guy
Seconded. Before i started playing i was looking up pit pros on google. I think I typed.. SSBB Pit Pro or something and the first person to pop up was...!!! yeah you already know.

Top Bottom