• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS R.I.P. - My Circle Pad

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
So the other day, I was playing Smash on my 3DS, and the Circle Pad slid off, and now it looks like this.

I'm not sure if this is the right board to post this in, but can anyone give me some advice besides call Nintendo? :crying:

EDIT: Sorry this is in the wrong board. If you can, please move this, mods. Thanks.

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Stop manhandling your system, how in God's name did you manage this?

You meant to put this in the 3DS forum right?

Last edited:

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
Stop manhandling your system, how in God's name did you manage this?

You meant to put this in the 3DS forum right?
Yes, I did.

But I wasn't even "manhandling" it either, it just happened simply by playing the demo and the game. Maybe it has something to do with how I left an "imprint" or something in the pad.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Pic is too dark, I can't really see what happened to the circle pad...

warionumbah2

Smash Master
A. You must've played this without any breaks so you beaten the pad up.

B. Your strong as heck and can't control your power

C. Too rough the game is very responsive.

Super glue it, make a little blob then place the pad on and leaveit to dry for 1min. Wish you luck man.

My circle pad feels like it's really loosely set now compared to how it used to be, and I play notoriously gently. (Always have, since Melee.) From what I've read on here, I'm one of the few people on these boards with a regular 3DS as opposed to an XL, so maybe that has something to do with it. I'm just kinda worried about it falling off from casual play.

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
My circle pad feels like it's really loosely set now compared to how it used to be, and I play notoriously gently. (Always have, since Melee.) From what I've read on here, I'm one of the few people on these boards with a regular 3DS as opposed to an XL, so maybe that has something to do with it. I'm just kinda worried about it falling off from casual play.
Same.

A
B. Your strong as heck and can't control your power
No way! xP

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll try super glue in a bit.

Scrapydoo22

Smash Rookie
This exact same thing happened to my circle pad yesterday, I just lifted up my thumb from the pad and the pad came off. I second the super gluing option, however; I suggest that you make sure no super glue gets on the outside part of the circle because it hinders the movement. This happened to me, but you can either be careful it doesn't happen, or just scrape off the glue on the outside (or use any method to get rid of it that doesn't ruin your 3ds).

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
I think this is the first non-japanese case of this.

Congratulations! I guess....

Anyways I believe it's easily fixable with superglue or buying a new pad. I haven't looked too much into it so these may not work.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I think this is the first non-japanese case of this.

Congratulations! I guess....

Anyways I believe it's easily fixable with superglue or buying a new pad. I haven't looked too much into it so these may not work.
I can guarantee you it's happened before this guy, Just not posted on SmashBoards.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
But it's true! Who the F slids his circlepad off place? It's dumb! It's like everyone breaks their circle pads now. They're idiots. They don't know how to treat a gaming console. :l
True on not treating their handhelds carefully, but calling them idiots is very demeaning. Clearly, they're more use to the idea of making quick inputs, so pressing down a bit while flicking the C-Pad quickly will cause some to break. The game is a lot more responsive than previous, so they shouldn't be rough housing as much. It happens (especially after playing previous Smash Bros with C-sticks) but bad mouthing people like that isn't called for.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
It didn't work, guys. The Circle Pad moves way to slowly, and my fingers are getting sticker. I'll probably just bring it to this videogame place that can fix it.

Sera Smash

Smash Rookie
If you just used normal glue it definitely wouldn't work... I'd recommend something extremely strong like gorilla glue or maybe do some research and see if cement glue is a viable option.

If you tried those then yeah your best alternative very well may be seeing someone to repair it.

Corngamer

Smash Cadet
NNID
Corngamer
3DS FC
0645-5918-0354
Random gamer's OCD question:
Did you experience any symptoms before the Circle Pad broke, i.e. looseness? I can never tell when something's loose or I'm just being paranoid.

Did you experience any symptoms before the Circle Pad broke, i.e. looseness? I can never tell when something's loose or I'm just being paranoid.
The circle pad on my system definitely feels loose after a few days of playing. The only game I played before Smash was Pokémon Y, where the circle pad is used somewhat sparingly; it always felt "tight" and even a little resistant. Now it wobbles a little off-center, and the rubber coating twists back and forth, two things that definitely didn't happen before. I thought I was paranoid for a while, too!

The only thing I'm not sure about is if it's actually breaking or if that's just normal and I've "broken it in" properly.

Last edited:

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
YES! Exactly that! Before this happened, I felt like something was... off. Like there was some kind of "imprint" on my circle pad. That imprint actually being the "knob" underneath, meaning I'm probably pressing too hard. It's my inner Melee controller kicking in. DX

Top Bottom