• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quivo's Captain Falcon! 2222 manly!!

QUIVO

Smash Master
Only two videos

Quivo (Captain Falcon) vs SmasH 64 (Fox)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvVCSyH0IrU

Quivo (Captain Falcon) vs Dr. X (Ganon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKDcgXuhCG8

These were friendlies where I was just trying to do cool things and combo lol. Any advice would be welcome. (I know edgehogging and all that was important, but I really wanted the spikes..)

BTW, watch in High Quality. Sorry about it being laggy : /

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I really enjoyed these videos man.
Real good use of the raptor boost. Most people totally over use the move, but you utilized it pretty well. You also had a pretty awesome air game. I usually find myself on the ground, rocking to the match through tilts and stuff.
Inspirational stuff man. And way to use the falcon punch to great effect.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Thanks I appreciate the feed back. I'm a Toon Link main, so i always feel like I should be in the air. I should utilize his ground moves more/effectively. In certain matchups I feel like nairs don't cut it as an approach and using more tilts would be better.

DAYSH

Smash Cadet
more uairs would be good, nairs range is limited.

yeah just get his tilts down.

thats all i can give.

killer falcon btw. ;]

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Very nice Falcon. The knee to punch for the first stock on Fox was just too good, and the ending against Ganon was equally manly. Your friends are pretty good too, especially the Fox. His second stock on you was just mean.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Thanks, yea I usually use more uairs on stages with platforms. Against Ganon I tend to nair more since it sets up more things. Uair sometimes just knocks him out too far if he has high percentage.

Any recommendations for when the tilts should be used?
Utilt: I use this for some range and knock back. I don't know exactly when to throw it out.
Ftilt: Again, some range. I just throw these out to hit them away.
Dtilt: If someone's shielding, I usuallly dtilt to get under their shield. Or when they're near the edge. DUnno why lol.

Yea they're both good. The ganon and just stomp me to hell and that fox has learned to just shine me whenever i go for dthrow to nair.

Also another thing I wanted to ask is when I should use fthrow. Lower percentages? Cause I saw Champ use them to chainthrow some characters and I was wondering who that works on and what percentages. I haven't tested this, but I can't test it myself.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
Thanks, yea I usually use more uairs on stages with platforms. Against Ganon I tend to nair more since it sets up more things. Uair sometimes just knocks him out too far if he has high percentage.

Any recommendations for when the tilts should be used?
Utilt: I use this for some range and knock back. I don't know exactly when to throw it out.
Ftilt: Again, some range. I just throw these out to hit them away.
Dtilt: If someone's shielding, I usuallly dtilt to get under their shield. Or when they're near the edge. DUnno why lol.

Yea they're both good. The ganon and just stomp me to hell and that fox has learned to just shine me whenever i go for dthrow to nair.

Also another thing I wanted to ask is when I should use fthrow. Lower percentages? Cause I saw Champ use them to chainthrow some characters and I was wondering who that works on and what percentages. I haven't tested this, but I can't test it myself.
Utilt can be used on people who are standingon platforms or kill people with high percentages.
lol at dtilt.i usually do dtilt>dtilt>falcon kick it works sometimes,but you can always change it up.
chain throws work well.i believe it works on everyone

QUIVO

Smash Master
cool. What I usually do is dthrow > nair. Then once they catch on and start airdodging, I'll turn it into a chaingrab. I guess I can now mix it up with fthrow.

Thanks for info on the tilts. I didn't know utilt could go up through platforms. I sometimes struggle killing certain characters and that could help a bit.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Haha nice ending to the Ganon one. And the Fox match was pretty good. :D

I personally use Ftilt when I know the enemy is too far from my jab, but they're waiting to block a Raptor Boost. The speed from the Ftilt normally catches them off guard. XD

I always use Dtilt for settings up combos.
Utilt for killing and edgeguarding(mostly on Link users).

Wogrim

Smash Lord
You can knee more on characters like Ganon because his moves are really slow (you used a lot of NAir at times where a knee would have probably landed). Also don't use Falcon Kick in recovery.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Eh I'd like the knee to kill, so I'd rather wait at higher percents. Also, the nair seems to set up more nairs or uairs. As for Falcon kick, I was just messing around. Thanks though.

Hax

Smash Champion
QUIVO!!!! my d!ck is bigger than urs.

stick to melee

QUIVO

Smash Master
LOL!!!! Too good Hax. If people still played Melee around here I would have, but then Brawl took over and it's grown on me. I'll admit I enjoy Brawl as much as Melee now.

QUIVO

Smash Master
No joke hax, that was probably the best thing I had heard ever when you said that to chillin.

His response after he found out that the match wasn't official was even better.

" He said his **** was bigger than mine"

Top Bottom