• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

quitting brawl

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
no, im not. just wanted to know how many people thought about quitting brawl, and going back to melee ( or other games)

im guity of such thoughts, not even gonna lie lol

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I took a break from Brawl to go back to Melee, and the tourney I was practicing for got canceled.. so I got mad and never touched Melee since :[

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Honestly just looking for the next best game to put my effort into. Prolly gonna be the next Street fighter if it isn't a suck fest.

Starcraft 2's definitely gonna pull me from this for awhile though.

Geou

Smash Apprentice
Singles isn't as fun as it used to be... I mainly just do doubles now.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Doubles > Singles in my opinion..

2 Arcades near me both have the new Street Fighter, I haven't played it yet though, there's always a line for it...

D

Deleted member

i only think of dropping brawl after playing wifi lol. melee is fun, really really fun, but if the smash community goes back to melee i'm dropping ssb in general and i'll play doa4.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I definitely thought about quitting Brawl and I still do occasionally, but I'd probably wouldn't go back to Melee simply because I wouldn't prove anything there.

My real ambition in Brawl is to just prove that Mario is tourney viable and can go toe-to-toe with the best players. Everything else (winning tournaments for money) is just not important to me, although it's a nice plus.

If it hadn't been for that ambition I probably would stick to just being a casual and not care about competition at all, but here I am trying to improve Mario's metagame in all ways possible.

Same here. It could cause me to dump it completely, but I doubt it due to friends and tournament hosting.

iMichael

Smash Lord
I already quit Brawl....I just help out and give info and such. I play Melee though. I'm gonna play SF4..seems good so far and go back to Cod4 and CoD: World at War. We should all just go to Halo lmao

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
I left brawl a few times come to think of it. once for guitar hero 3, another for halo lol, and the most recent being gears of war 2. I'm deff gonna end up playing sf4, just gotta wait till release date(which I NEVER knew)

@ HippieDude:
not if we keep it a little mario bros secret!! =p

@heromystic:
dude...u don't care about the money?!?
::virtually slaps u:: haha
that's a pretty random journey choice wouldn't you agree? wakeup and say "forget the cash. as long as mario is top tier I can rest"

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
Sharjah - the United Arab Emirates. (UAE)
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
I thought about quitting Brawl too.

- All the "elitists" are like with infinites and Meta Knight and other gay crap and go all "if you don't do it you're a scrub". Yeah right.
- Meta Knight. That's self-explanatory.
- It's just boring. I win, so what? I lose, so what? There's just nothing to do. Besides, my friend got bored and rarely plays with me anymore.
- There are no Brawl tourneys where I live, mostly because everyone thinks Nintendo is for kids. *******es.

The only reason I go back to Brawl now is probably to take some snapshots and maybe try a few cheats. *sigh*

It's games like this that make you wish you had Animal Crossing. I'm getting it soon. ^_^

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
Honestly just looking for the next best game to put my effort into. Prolly gonna be the next Street fighter if it isn't a suck fest.

Diablo 3 is gonna get my attention 0.0

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I definitely thought about quitting Brawl and I still do occasionally, but I'd probably wouldn't go back to Melee simply because I wouldn't prove anything there.

My real ambition in Brawl is to just prove that Mario is tourney viable and can go toe-to-toe with the best players. Everything else (winning tournaments for money) is just not important to me, although it's a nice plus.

If it hadn't been for that ambition I probably would stick to just being a casual and not care about competition at all, but here I am trying to improve Mario's metagame in all ways possible.
This right here has been my only drive. If I mained Marth or Snake, I would've found a different game a long time ago. I may just go back to melee if the community starts goin that way.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I have thought of quitting ;o Cause at times I felt my character just sucked and couldn't do anything.

If I move on to another game it'll be perhaps Persona 4 coming out in 3 days ;o..

PKNintendo

Smash Master

For once we agree. User name, I want to grind you into the dust in that game XD.

§leepy God

Smash Master
The only people I know that quit Brawl is because they character isn't one of the "top dawgs" anymore. All I have to say, many of the people that say they quit Brawl, mainly still play it for the tourenys and such like that. But come on, Melee served it's purpose like Smash 64 did, you just have to move one to the next game sooner or later.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
I barely play Brawl enough to quit. About a half hour every couple days is all.

I just play it in my leisurely as my favorite characters. Could care less about if they are considered 'Tourney Viable' or not, or if they ever will be. That's up to the person that's actually playing in that scenario to decide. I just enjoy the challenge of winning with the more cons then pros, crafty type characters.

Sleepy's right though. The Tourney money and the overall fun at the Tournaments are the only thing keeping people interested in Brawl.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Isn't that the only thing keeping anybody interested when playing competitively?

chic

Smash Ace
going to tournies and playing against people who use mk's ddd's and other top tiers and think i'm an easy win for them only to get owned by me is why i play :) so awesome

i also play a bunch of diff games so that helps too :D

JuanTendo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssb-juantendo
3DS FC
2750-1216-1018
Switch FC
SW 3345 4602 0138
yeap.. but any melee player is guilty of such thoughts...

in my case this happened when i knew that the L-cancel and wavedash had not been added to the game...

a few weeks later i got used to the game speed and start checking new tecniques for every character that would make the game not so "casual" but something worth learning to play

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Not on such a high emphasis though.

I know plenty of people who played Tekken 5 for competitive fun and not go to tournaments.
Really? wow.

I feel like if I start getting good, like competitively good at a game, and I don't go to tourneys, I'm wasting it. I just end up being "that guy" when I play with friends.

You know...that guy that's 10 times better than everyone else and looks like an ***hole when he wins all the time.

Starcraft.
I don't play SC competitively yet. I, oddly enough, decided to just play that with friends until SC2 comes out. You have SFII HD remix? I'll play you in that.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
I will never quit Brawl. My Brawl mains in Melee are hard to use, especially Ness.

I wish we had tournies in the UK though, the USA doesn't deserve ALL the fun.

Top Bottom