• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

quick question.

AL2DAX

Smash Apprentice
well i've been unable to access my wii lately so i really haven't had a chance to test this out on my own.

so here is my question. when fighting against a character at a low percentage, what are some good moves to do AFTER a shine has just been done?(when they are pushed away in the blue static-y look)

_X_

Smash Lord
well i've been unable to access my wii lately so i really haven't had a chance to test this out on my own.

so here is my question. when fighting against a character at a low percentage, what are some good moves to do AFTER a shine has just been done?(when they are pushed away in the blue static-y look)
Look I've been in your shoes and I have to say sometime I still regress and attempt to follow up with oh-so pridictable 'running upsmash' or a dash attack. This is probably a bad idea.

1. After a shine has hit the stun last a while ( not long enough for you to EVER combo into it) so they'll will almost automatically have their finger on the L/R trigger.

2. As I said, not enough stun to follow up (welcome to brawl).

Despite the dalema you're in such a good position for attack, but you've got to put on the mind games here.

Being in this position is all about mixing it up, but first you need to show that you do have other options than dash attack and upsmash. It's as easy as grabbing. While they're hiding behind their shield wait for you to do something stupid and to count it just grab them.

After a few of those they're going to want to try and attack you before you can grab them after the shine again, so mix it up. Up smash is a good option if you think they're going to to get first attack in because of it's priority. After one of these, you'll have them guessing and you winning.

So mix up your grabs and attacks after your shine and you'll be pwnin' no0bs in no time.

Anyone else care to add?

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
i usually run at them with a SH dair, then upsmash, then jump up high and jab them with a bair or some other aeriel

Top Bottom